Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Download Speed is so Slow.

Fleshreaper
Fleshreaper
✭✭✭✭✭
I left my launcher open yesterday, so the patch could start downloading while I was away. As of 9:00 PM yesterday, it had only downloaded 2% (250 - 300 Kbps). Part of that time, other people were using the internet but at night and early in the morning, I know there was no one else using it and the download rate was still at 300 Kbps. This morning around 7:00 AM it was at 75%. I have 3 Mb DSL and have check multiple speed test sites. Download speed from those sites are always around 2.5 Mbps, and the upload speed is .5 Mbps. I realize the difference between download and upload. Is there a way to tell if your ISP or someone/something is throttling your gaming traffic? Or could anyone give me ideas to check that might speed up my download speed. Thanks
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Fleshreaper!

If the download and installation process is running slow, there are several temporary solutions:

First, you should try temporarily disabling the firewall and anti-virus. Default Windows firewalls will come on automatically after others are disabled, so keep in mind that the Windows firewall may need to be disabled, too. Always remember to turn them on again after the download completes.

You can also try opening the following ports on your router:
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    If that doesn't work, they can try bypassing the router and plugging the computer in directly to the internet source to improve download speeds.

Last but not least, you can change the Maximum Download Speed of the launcher. Click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner to open up the Launcher Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the menu, and look for the section titled Maximum Download Speed. Click on the drop-down menu and select 5MBps.

This should help speed things up!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try that. Thank you, very much.