The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ToggleWalk()

manavortex
manavortex
✭✭✭✭
Greetings lovely people,
I don't know if you realized that the toggleWalk function is deactivated every time you tab out of the game and back in. Being a coder rather than a whiner I tried to come up with an addon to take care of that problem and ToggleWalk() whenever the game was maximised again, but alas, the function is private.

Can you do something about this rather annoying error? I'd like to keep walking when I toggle walking until I toggle it off again, and not every time have to re-walk myself everytime I tab out, zone, or wayshrine.

Thank you!
Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Randactyl
    Randactyl
    ✭✭✭
    This function is private because it would make bot farming just that much easier otherwise. Protected functions are available to call if you are using ESOLauncher (I think private ones are too), but that is a definite use at your own risk scenario.
    Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact! | Sun's Death, Chrysamere Pact

My Addons
    Beta Addons
    Check out my GitHub repos to follow my latest changes and see some addons before they are released.
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Randactyl,
    sorry for not replying - I didn't think to look here of all places.
    How exactly would I do that?

What I'd basically do would be: I'd keybind the toggleWalk to the addon. The addon would hold an internal variable. Upon toggled, the addon would be hooked to events like zoning, wayshrine-ing etc, after which I'd usually toggle walk manually, and do it for me.

I have the code so far, I just can't call the private function.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have F11 keybound to toggle walk/run and it does not reset for me.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even when you wayshrine? Because I have that keybound as well.