Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Burning Player Bodies in Cyrodiil

Lone_Wolf
Lone_Wolf
✭✭✭
How about after killing an enemy player, give the option to burn an enemy body to force them to respawn at a keep.

I know it's a legitimate strategy to have 1 or 2 guys in the shadows with a bunch of souls gem to revive a dead siege raid, but it makes their job too easy if they can just hide and wait for the enemy party to leave the dead so they can revive everyone and have a ready to fight group again.

To balance it, give the burning animation the same amount of time as a resurrection or slightly longer to give the dead's faction a chance to fight back over their bodies.

Let me read some of your opinions.
Edited by Lone_Wolf on February 27, 2015 12:37AM
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    How about after killing an enemy player, give the option to burn an enemy body to force them to respawn at a keep.

I know it's a legitimate strategy to have 1 or 2 guys in the shadows with a bunch of souls gem to revive a dead siege raid, but it makes their job too easy if they can just hide and wait for the enemy party to leave the dead so they can revive everyone and have a ready to fight group again.

To balance it, give the burning animation the same amount of time as a resurrection or slightly longer to give the dead's faction a chance to fight back over their bodies.

well we had this at launch. Turn someone to Ash or freeze the mand shatter them, they couldnt get revived by a soul gem... Zos changed it for no reason.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1

Make it be the same as siege - interruptable by hitting the person doing it (caltrops etc)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that what be hella dumb cause everyone would just burn every single body at all times making a whole small guaranteed to have to run back and when they have the keep and outpost behind you flagged (very common strategy) then that's a very long, boring and annoying run back.

How ever if stealth rezers are really getting to you that much, as a Nightblade that stealth rezs during big sieges if I take my time to ninja Rez then if you want to stop me you should hide near the bodies and wait but players like you don't want to camp bodies cause you miss the bigger attack elsewhere and players like me pick up an army when I arrive to a siege
    Edited by kendellking_chaosb14_ESO on March 1, 2015 3:20PM
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. Tired of waiting 5 minutes after a wipe because one guy got away and is waiting in stealth to rez everyone as soon as you leave.

Maybe have the bodies become burnable after 1min, along with the time it takes to burn. That way it leaves room for a comeback, but removes the possibility of just waiting everyone out.
    Edited by Armitas on February 27, 2015 5:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    what a silly suggestion. with no forward camps these days.........just no.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rather than the burning animation, how about just copy the crouch animation to save teabaggers some time?
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's very frustrating waiting for a stealth Rezer but what you're asking for is
    1) Basically a ninja nerf to stealth (cause if it was 1 minute then that's where your team would wait for the D Tick)
    2) Not even a problem everyone LOVES to talk *** about Nightblades till we stealth Rez you with more then a few enemies on the keeps Inner court and you're not on the inner

3) Just one more call to change a completly fair mechanic because you can't bring yourself to out wait one guy in stealth (the amount of time he is waiting to pick his friends is the same amount of time you are waiting to jump on him) so suck it up and wait behind or let the group all get rezed

For the King of Argonia
  • Lone_Wolf
    Lone_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's very frustrating waiting for a stealth Rezer but what you're asking for is
    1) Basically a ninja nerf to stealth (cause if it was 1 minute then that's where your team would wait for the D Tick)
    2) Not even a problem everyone LOVES to talk *** about Nightblades till we stealth Rez you with more then a few enemies on the keeps Inner court and you're not on the inner

3) Just one more call to change a completly fair mechanic because you can't bring yourself to out wait one guy in stealth (the amount of time he is waiting to pick his friends is the same amount of time you are waiting to jump on him) so suck it up and wait behind or let the group all get rezed

Counter points
    1: It wouldn't be a ninja nerf to stealth as anyone can rez regardless of stealth or not. Even the rezed members are stuck in non-stealth animation as they rez and need to crouch or they will be spotted.

2: Who said anything about nightblades? Again anyone can stealth and anyone can rez and I know it's a legit strategy to leave 1 guy in the back for rezing, but this counters that passive play.

3: And all the time the dead are wasting, waiting for their rezer is more time they could be re-spawning and running back to the action. Burning the body or forcing them to spawn back at their keep would be faster for the defending side as they can go back to defending instead of worrying about the guy in the back with a ton of soul gems.

I'm not asking for a "hover over body, press E 1 second later this dude is burn't" I'm suggesting a long animation 5+ seconds. It would give the dead's allies time to recover their body and after the animation would make the burner's side have less problems to worry about.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUT...another tactic I use is to make them think that I am waiting to be rezzed.
    This sometimes keeps people in keep while another keep is attacked.
    Which keep do you protect ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 1, 2015 4:26PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one send Nightblades but if you want to ninja Rez (and you're the last man standing) you better be able to blink away or go invisible cause if you dead then it's just time wasted Nightblades typically have five - seven pieces medium with a very low detection radius and can disappear on command so best suited for ninja rezs

•side note Nightblades can't stealth better then other classes and that a real shame since no class can out heal Templers, out tank Dragon Knights or out cast Sorcerers. It's *** that any class can stealth just as good as the stealth class

For the King of Argonia
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

I dislike this idea.

They are also adding Flare which will help find those hiding in the shadows.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the idea it's rediculous when you need to have someone looking out for stealth rezzers.
    I dislike this idea.

They are also adding Flare which will help find those hiding in the shadows.

That skill is a joke unless a zerg starts spamming it around.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth is a valid part of the game if you really don't want to wait on bodies to pop then start a post that player kills should force you to have to rezer at a keep its basically the same thing and makes just as little sense

For the King of Argonia
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what kind of sick idea is this !!

I love it, and when it burns, it should become like a fear skill as well :D
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. with camps gone its an important mechanic. If its important to you that players dont get rezz then camp their bodies
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    what kind of sick idea is this !!

I love it, and when it burns, it should become like a fear skill as well :D

Hmmmm. Burn and make Grim Totem. I like it.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burning players shouldn't be possible. If you fear they might get up again, you can wait 5min which is a reasonable amount compared to the time it takes to ride back when several keeps are flaged.