Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best race for DK tank Aldmeri Dominion

Razmion
Razmion
Soul Shriven
Hey! I like to play on Aldmeri dominion, and i want to make a dragonknight tank. But none of the "classic" tank races are there, so which one should i choose? Is Khajiit the only viable option, or?

Thanks for help!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a Bosmer for resistances and stamina boost (regeneration gets better in 1.6). Actually, I do have a Bosmer DK tank and it works just fine. But I don't know, none of the AD races are particularly suited for tanking from the min-maxing perspective. Can you go Imperial or look around the interwebs for Explorer's Pack codes?
  • Razmion
    Razmion
    Soul Shriven
    Okay thanks! So bosmer is the best alternative if i don't want to pay for an imperial then. I actually haven't thought of that possibility, is it worth the money? I don't know much about imperials, except that they have plusses when it comes to health regeneration or something? That would mean they're kind of similar to orcs? (Which I know are very good for tanking).
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial > All for tanks, especially DK tanks.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer for DK, basically Dunmer without the stamina boost, instead you get magicka regen, meaning you can throw more stats into stamina and have a balanced build rather than a tank that stands there and blocks and does nothing. Imperial as yoda pointed out, but if you don't have it, Altmer for sure
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Razmion
    Razmion
    Soul Shriven
    Okay thanks for good advice! I went off and bought the imperial pack, so now I'm running around in auridon as soon to be (hopefully) great tank :-)
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 best tanks I know are altmer and dark elf dks...

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good races for tanks:
    - Imperial (max stats)
    - Nord (damage mitigation)
    - Argonian (healing received)
    - Orc (smell)
    - Bosmer (stamina recovery)
    Wololo.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Good races for tanks:
    - Imperial (max stats)
    - Nord (damage mitigation)
    - Argonian (healing received)
    - Orc (smell)
    - Bosmer (stamina recovery)

Attention with the nord! The damagfe mitigation caps with the mitigation from armour and resistance. So full tanks have just <1% from this 6%. The 6% are just fine if you are far under the cap.