The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Slow Download!!!

AGF
AGF
Soul Shriven
Hello.
Guys, what happen here? I bought the game on that week, i'm trying to download it but the download speed is very slow. very frustrating.
My internet is 5mb, always download games 600kb/s.

yowrnsogpqxx.png

Come on, i payed to have a good service.
wtf.png 977.8K
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, afternoons and evenings are prime time for the Internet, it's all slower then.

Second, the download speed varies throughout the download, as the counter your seeing is the over progress of the install, not just the download. So, there are times when not much is getting downloaded but instead installed. During those times, the download part slows down.

Third, watching paint dry is about the most boring frustrating thing you can do. Make sure your PC will not go into Sleep Mode (because if it does, the downloads stops) and then go do something in the real world. Once the game is available to play, you may forget the real world exists for a while. :smiley:

Hint for the future, on patch days, make sure your PC is on, and the Launcher is up and running. Then the patches will download and install while you are at work or school or feeding the ducks at the park. Then when you come home, it will be ready to go.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AGF
    AGF
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor,

Sorry, but I'm with my PC connected around 2 days to download 1gb!!! Wtf, I know its not normal! This is the first game of my life that i had that problem, and i played other games since 1998...

p7m5eip51gyi.png

Come on, where are the support?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off any firewalls and stop Windows Defender from doing Real Time scans during the download. Also, if your streaming content like Spotify or Youtube or something stop that as it takes precedence.

Finally, log in to your router if it's wireless and kick the other people off.

Also I have had success stopping the download, closing the launcher and restarting it. Note, the Launcher will verify the files you have already received so initially, there wont' be any downloads until that is done. It only takes a few minutes on the entire download, less on a partial download.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Here are a couple of steps you can try for a better speed:
    - Run as an administrator.
    - Check the speed donwload on your launcher (Click on the wheel on the top right, and then "Maximum Download").
    - Ensure that you have The Elder Scrolls Online added as an exception to your Firewall and Anti-Virus software to help your machine connect.

We would also suggest you to configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post