The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What happened to LOLS?

Gooey
Gooey
✭✭✭
Ok so why the hell would you get rid of LOLS? This was how people would know if they were funny people and posted hilarious content, not some rating on your trolls. You've made a dangerous enemy today ZOS...
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They wanted us to use 'insightful' instead, so they took it away.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the biggest nerf to forum XP yet. Give us back our LOLs, ZOS.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Insightful doesn't mark hilarious and good content. It just marks that you're some waste of life that did some random philosophy stuff for your college degree.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Insightful doesn't mark hilarious and good content. It just marks that you're some waste of life that did some random philosophy stuff for your college degree.

I guess you didnt see the last thread on this same topic. They locked it because it was too fun.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were jelly that I had more LOLs that some of the devs.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many LOLs were going around, Server Hamster had trouble keeping up.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They removed them to improve performance in Cyrodiil.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious answer is that the forum didn't have a disagree button like other similar forums have so people used LOLs instead.

However I can't answer why Zenimax has a problem with this, beats me. You might see 5 people like something but 100 could disagree. Maybe they want people to actually reply with their disagreement instead of just a number of people voicing it... but then they should just get rid of everything with agree, insightful ect.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the insightful button instead.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS nerfs EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Too many LOLs were going around, Server Hamster had trouble keeping up.

this comment makes me wanna lol, but i can't :|
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    59354641.jpg