The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Multiple Charaters?

pitufo
pitufo
✭✭
Can i have more than one Character build and useable? And can i change from one to other in the same game o quest?
Saludos
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. You can't change skills and items in battle. But exept this you can change everything you want.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

yes and there are several add-ons that allow you to save and equip different gear sets and skill bars with ease. Wykkyd's Outfitter and Alpha Tools are the two most popular
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, doesn't work like FFXIV.

You can have 2 ability bar sets at lvl 15 when you gain the weapon swap ability. But it doesn't change your skill point allocation or class or anything except for the weapon and abilities you have slotted.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pitufo wrote: »
    Can i have more than one Character build and useable? And can i change from one to other in the same game o quest?
    Saludos

You have 8 character slots. They can all be in the same Alliance if you want them to be. You can switch between them, but each characters story and progress is unique to each character. So, if you start a quest with one character, you have to finish it, at some point, with the same character.

You can respec your character (for in game gold) anytime you want to re-allocate the skill points and attributes. But your class and race will always be the same.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and No.

As stated above, you can swap out weapons at level 15 and the action bar with it, but armor cannot be changed in combat. It can be done manually, piece by piece, while out of combat. Skill points, once allocated, can only be refunded at shrine in a Faction Capitol City, then re-allocated.

There are ways to create different 'builds' and swap them out quickly, along with weapons and armor, with add-ons like Wykkyd's Outfitter and Alpha Tools, but there is no native ability to change those things quickly. And the skill points you spent remain the same.

That said, unless you're heavily investing into crafting, it's easy to flesh out multiple weapon and armor skill trees, allowing for many varieties of builds without needing to respec.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.