The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question Gold Enchants and upgrading armor

HungerCity
HungerCity
✭✭
so my question is
If I put a gold enchant an purple vr14 gear, then later upgrade the gear to gold, will i get smaller numbers than if I upgrade the armor to gold first, and then put on the gold enchant?

thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Glyph is completely independent of the Improvement level of the item you put it on.*

In other words, you can't change the magnitude of the glyph by upgrading the temper of the armor

And, you can't change the temper of the armor by putting a glyph on it.

*If you have a Trait like Infused, it will increase the magnitude of the glyph because the Infused value goes up with the Temper level but this is the only exception to what I stated above.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Actually in 1.5 right now if you find a purple V14 armor and enchant it with a legendary glyph you loose points because the original enchant on the armor becomes stronger if you leave it on there and upgrade it to legendary. Legendary v14 infused from weekly mail/SO/CoA is 124 magicka, glyph out a legendary and put it on the same gear it will diminish to 116 magicka. I believe they fixed this for 1.6 so don't waste your Kutas until the next patch.
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP