The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon skills feedback. Bow, Two Handed, Dual Wield and One Hand and Shield.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a short feeback after trying out the different weapon skills on my nb and templar.

They are just level 32 now, but ive been using them all while leveling to find out what I want to use.

One Hand and Shield: Great for defence, not very offencive, but thats a fair tradeoff given how much blocking power you get. Gap closer with Charge. Good cc with Shield Charge and Bash. I liked it.

Two Handed: Great for offence and good for cc with Uppercut and good gap closer with Critical Charge. Feels very strong and impactful.

Bow: Great for ranged combat, good for cc with both roots and knockbacks. Feels just how I expected it to, I liked it alot.

Dual Wield: My first impression here was that I felt rather weak, the abilities didnt feel very impactful to me. I lacked a good cc (or any cc for that matter) and it didnt have any gap closer. It had some good AoE, but it still felt rather weak. The lacking of a good cc or knockback and no gap closer made me not like this much at all.

PC EU
PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My conclusion:

Dual Wield was the only skills lacking of a good CC, gap closer or knockback. This was the main reason it felt weak, it didnt feel impactful at all.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a weapon feedback thread or a dual wield qq thread?
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Dual Wield: My first impression here was that I felt rather weak, the abilities didnt feel very impactful to me. I lacked a good cc (or any cc for that matter) and it didnt have any gap closer. It had some good AoE, but it still felt rather weak. The lacking of a good cc or knockback and no gap closer made me not like this much at all.

I feel that you are downplaying some of Dual Wield's other strengths when comparing it to the other weapons.

Dual Wield has a ranged skill in Hidden / Flying Blade that takes the place of its gap closer. Functionally different, but it still allows you to DPS a target at range while you close the gap.

It also has access to Blade Cloak in 1.6, which is a pretty powerful defensive ability for a purely offensive weapon. Not a CC, but still the best defensive ability on a stamina weapon outside of 1h&S.

Finally, every player has access to at least 2 weapons at a time as well as a whole host of non-weapon skill lines to augment their weapon choice, which lessens the necessity for all weapons to have similar abilities.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    Is this a weapon feedback thread or a dual wield qq thread?

troll.

Its a feedback thread, just because parts of it is negative it imediately turns to a qq in your mind?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW gives you flexibility of having a ranged attack on a melee weapon. Important for when you cannot/do not want to approach target, and your secondary weapon is not a bow (for example if you have a resto staff for healing).

In 1.5 it also has the unique ability to render enemy melee attacks useless. That's gone next patch tho.

Flurry is a very high damage ability, also very cheap (since it only drains stamina once every 1.3 seconds) but it suffers from
    1, being a channel(you cannot block, and thus will be CC-ed a lot)
    2, if the enemy is a DK with spike armor, you will take more damage than you inflict(if he blocks - and he will), effectively killing yourself.

On the plus side, if you put quick siphon on the enemy, and he is not shielded(yeah right :p), flurry procs quick siphon healing on every tick(cheap+powerful self-healing for you).

Blood craze is almost useless since bleeds do not apply if target blocks or is shielded (i.e. everyone on pvp). Steel tornado is underwhelming unless you stand in the middle of a very damaged zerg.
    Edited by Sharee on February 24, 2015 7:40AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    On the plus side, if you put quick siphon on the enemy, and he is not shielded(yeah right :p), flurry procs quick siphon healing on every tick(cheap+powerful self-healing for you).

Blood craze is almost useless since bleeds do not apply if target blocks or is shielded (i.e. everyone on pvp). Steel tornado is underwhelming unless you stand in the middle of a very damaged zerg.

Have you tested any of these in the latest PTS patch, where procs / DoTs are still supposed to apply against shields?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Have you tested any of these in the latest PTS patch, where procs / DoTs are still supposed to apply against shields?
    Procs and special effect do not work against shield. For example NB skill agony vs a sorcerer with ward up. The skill will fizzle and read immune. Cripple, it will cast but will not immobilize or do damage to the warded target. Knock back from fire staff, deep freeze from ice staff, non of this works on a warded target. Ward is like a 20 second immovable but better.
    Edited by TheBull on February 24, 2015 11:15AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »

Procs and special effect do not work against shield. For example NB skill agony vs a sorcerer with ward up. The skill will fizzle and read immune. Cripple, it will cast but will not immobilize or do damage to the warded target. Knock back from fire staff, deep freeze from ice staff, non of this works on a warded target. Ward is like a 20 second immovable but better.

Ah, I gotcha. I went back and re-read notes and I see that they only allowed certain effects to work against damage shields (like NB's crappy Grim Focus).

For some reason, I thought they were finally allowing all DoTs and procs to work against damage shields, but I guess we just aren't that progressive yet. Ah well.