The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Option to improve/upgrade level of gear via crafting w/o making a new one

Inco
Inco
✭✭✭✭
Having invested MANY materials, glyphs and rare items I'd like to UPGRADE my gear for the next level without having to remake it again from scratch.

This would STILL cost a LOT of mats (Like item + Gold Mats) to upgrade.

Say I have a VR12 Gold Staff - I want to make it a VR14 (Same Style, Model, Glyph) - I just "IMPROVE" by adding several of the desired tier mats (Full # if going up a tier) PLUS some GOLD Resin (Multiples to get 100%). End result is a staff with the same Glyph intact, VR14 now and still a GOLD version.

This would basically allow folks to not clutter up or deconstruct all gear that could be used again.
  • FoxPT
    FoxPT
    ✭✭
    I agree with you @Inco i also would like to have the choice of level up my gear instead of remaking it all over.

Another reason is that when you make a new level armour sometimes is very diferent in visual that one level behind and i prefer the looks of the previous one i only want to improve it to take the stats i can have in that level.

I agree that this improvement should not be easy to do regarding materials but an item with BLUE resin should use BLUE resins in the improvements not GOLD, and regarding the glyphs since that is a item u can put posterior to crafting and belongs to another crafting profession the improvement on that should be as it is you should craft a better version or buy one and aplly it to the new improved gear.
    Fox
    Wizard from Mages Guild