Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changing character's facial appearance and hair

Tasmin
Tasmin
✭✭✭
Can we hope to see a facility whereby we can change our character's facial appearance and hair? My main character has a permanent scowl, something I didn't notice at her creation but which bugs me now and she is a V14, so I am not going to start over.

We could have hair stylists for doing hair and perhaps enchantresses to change facial characteristics, all within ESO lore.
Edited by Tasmin on January 17, 2015 6:56PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highly Desiree by players, and the Devs have stated that they want the do it as well, but there is no word on timeline for this that I know of.
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on January 17, 2015 2:33PM
  • Lirinstar
    Lirinstar
    Soul Shriven
    I am also among the *many* players that want the opportunity to change their character's features. This feature is hugely desired. I sincerely hope something to address it gets added to the game soon.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be at all surprised if this appeared in the crown store at some point.

The ability to change character names would be nice as well. (With all the same limitations as when it's first created obviously.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so many players want this, and it really is a staple we should be able to take for granted in MMOs. Let's hope the developers implement it in a sensible way, for example:

In-game changes (costing gold at an NPC):
    • Change hair style/colour
    • Change Facial hair style/colour
    • Change jewellery/accessories
    • Change face-paint.

Crown-store changes:
    • Change all appearance options (basically all visual character creation options)
    • Change race
    • Change gender
    • Change name

Basically if it's something we can get done to ourselves commonly in real-life, it should be able to be done similarly to our character in-game at an NPC.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on February 26, 2015 10:49AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From your scowling mouth to the Dev's ears.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    Or a potion to make my Bosmer taller... even if it is for a short period of time and I have to keep myself "drugged up"!

I mean seriously, I never knew how short I was until I stood next to another player... or even a deer xD
  • Archer79
    Archer79
    ch1no92 wrote: »
    Or a potion to make my Bosmer taller... even if it is for a short period of time and I have to keep myself "drugged up"!

I mean seriously, I never knew how short I was until I stood next to another player... or even a deer xD

Hello first time posting. :)

But I have to agree with this, cuz its one of the things I really hope that will get "upgraded", I mean the bretons were the shortest human race in past games, and now they are as tall as Orcs. They are even taller than Imperials.
    I hope that they will try to give their appearance an overhaul, and try to make them like the models from skyrim. Of course I'm not asking to make them a tall race, but just give them a few inches more, make them as tall as dunmer, or redguard, since now they are the shortest human race.

Wow very long for a first post. ^^
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    This is something I really want.
    ch1no92 wrote: »

The exact thing happened to me. I didn't notice that my character was THAT short until I had gotten too far in the leveling. I wouldn't mind buying crowns to change my appearance.
  • Tyx
    Tyx
    ✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    • Change face-paint.

Crown-store changes:
    • Change all appearance options (basically all visual character creation options)
    • Change race
    • Change gender
    • Change name

I think this would be a great addition to the game. With this separate model for crowns and gold it would give ZO a safe extra income, but would also be fair to the players. Like a combination of the Lotro and Swtor system.
    Just yet, I see no reason to buy crowns, but I would definitely use the "change all appearance option" on at least one char and with that, would have to buy crowns.
    Edited by Tyx on March 20, 2015 6:00AM
    Author of Clock - Tamriel Standard Time --- Look at GitHub for the latest version
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Yes, so many players want this, and it really is a staple we should be able to take for granted in MMOs. Let's hope the developers implement it in a sensible way, for example:

• Change face-paint.

Crown-store changes:
    • Change race
    • Change gender
    • Change name

Basically if it's something we can get done to ourselves commonly in real-life, it should be able to be done similarly to our character in-game at an NPC.

It doesn't have to be either gold or crowns to pay for appearance changes. It can be both.

Just have a token of some kind available in the crown store that can be used to pay the NPC for the changes.

Although things like race and gender, which have more than a purely cosmetic impact, might still be best left as crown store only if offered at all, the rest (body shape, face shape, eye color, etc.) should be available outside the crown store. This way you provide the ability to change your appearance to everyone, yet still have revenue from those who prefer instant gratification.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • ezezim
    ezezim
    Soul Shriven
    Would like to see this added to the game as well.
  • EvilPeaMia
    EvilPeaMia
    Soul Shriven
    This would definitely be a great addition to the game. My default race at creation was Orc so when I changed to Breton I made her smaller than Orc-her was. It wasn't until I was standing beside other players that I realised she looked about 4 feet tall.
  • DEADhorizon
    +1 for this.. Especially for hair and facial hair!
    Garbage games like fable had the option so you'd think a game of this size would have it too.
  • mefsh
    mefsh
    Soul Shriven

Edited by mefsh on October 23, 2022 3:24AM
  • mefsh
    mefsh
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by mefsh on October 23, 2022 3:24AM
  • AdamDV
    AdamDV
    Soul Shriven
    My first character(a Nord) I thought was good when I made him, but I look at him now and he looks like clay. He looks like a clay doofus. I first noticed this after I made my second character(a Breton) which looked so perfect, it made me sad to see how dopey my main character looks. PLEASE add a face changer!
  • Pepsi2853_ESO
    Pepsi2853_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yes please. it would be a good gold sink too.
  • Huxide
    Huxide
    ✭✭
    yup, really need that......

i gave my imperial templar short hair and bristles, while questing i saw at least 3-4 imperials that look exactly like my character, extremely immersion breaking ._.