The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Second weapon for a dual-wield templar?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My solo PvE build in brief:
  • Khajiit
  • Templar
  • Medium/light armor (mainly medium)
  • Dual-wields daggers
  • Uses Dawn's Wrath skills when daggers don't quite cut it (pun intended)
  • Restoring Light skills to heal obviously
  • Highly mobile in combat

Can anyone suggest a useful second weapon?

This build is an adaptation of my usual TES character, and I've never had to think about a second weapon set before, I just use daggers and chuck fireballs or lightning at them if they're too far away, I don't want to get close or they have lower immunity to magic. But it seems like a waste to have weapon swap available and not use it. I'm a bit concerned about space on my skill bar however. Is it worth taking a second weapon but not slotting any skills for it and just using the default attack?

I was thinking about restoration staff, but that seems a bit redundant for a templar, especially since this will be primarily/exclusively a solo PvE character. Other than that I'm thinking a ranged weapon, possibly bow (which would be quite similar to my typical build in other RPGs) or maybe destruction staff, but I'm open to any ideas.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not redundant if you're a Magicka Build but it might be if you aren't.

There are 3 ways to look at this in my opinion:
    1. If you are a Magicka Build then range with a Restoration Staff is quite useful. For a Magicka Build, the RS Cycle of Life passive L2/3 + Heavy Attacks refreshes the magicka. In addition, the first RS passive also heals for every heavy attack.
    2. If you are a Stamina Build and want range then a Bow is excellent or, if you don't want to impact your stamina, an inferno staff.
    3. Dual wield Daggers with different effects and a different action bar setup. Lets say Bar one for 1v1 and Bar two for multiple opponents + healing
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread