The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

wich is more usefull provisioning or alchemy

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
title says it all wich is a better more usefull field of work
  • Demonically_Angelic
    Both are useful and the 2 easiest crafting.

To level provisioning to 50 quickly craft venison recipes.

For alchemy, just upgrade your skill point in solvent even time you can as you level it and make potions with cheap flowers and you'll be there in no time.
    [< 3] Iron Legion PvP [< 3]
    [< 3]Brother Of Redemption ~ Elder Council[< 3]

<Demonically Angelic ~ Templar Healing
    Spicy Tacos - Mag NB
    !>

Daggerfall Covenant ~ NA [< 3 < 3]
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The two skills act in different ways, so it is not an either/or situation. Foods and drinks give a long lasting buff, while the potions provide a burst of healing or damage, etc. in combat. Both potions and foods are also a good source of earning gold by selling. As mentioned, both skills are the easiest to level to 50, taking only days or even hours.

edit: it may be worth pointing out that provisioning will be more closely linked to the Justice system with 1.6, since many containers in towns will require you to steal. Plants are still free to pick.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 19, 2015 5:24AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both are useful and the 2 easiest crafting.

To level provisioning to 50 quickly craft venison recipes

To be more precise, in this present version, for provisioning, craft the highest recipes you can. Venison is a L25 DC cooking component.

Since I play with 16 characters I used the level 20/25 characters to obtain recipes and ingredients for the lower levelled characters and as a result all 16 are topped out in provisioning. Most of them were levelled up with Venison, Maggot, Moonsugar, Comberry, Glitterrock and Orc Hops Recipes once their provisioning reached L20. Prior to that they were raised on the level 10/15 recipes for their respective alliance.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say provisioning is more useful based on the afford to craft it + long levity of the goods.

You can easily get enough ingredients to craft 10 or more things that will last for days and give you a steady boost at all times.
    Alchemy is different, the pots only last for a small amount of time and the ingredients are less common to find. Besides that you find so many potions in game that it seems unlikely that you really need to craft them yourselves. Also to note is that Alchemy is a "trial & error" procedure at first, while provisioning isn't. Once you found the recipe in provisioning, you can craft it - at Alchemy you first need to combine flowers randomly to be lucky and learn the recipe.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say Alchemy is more useful.

From personal experience I've found I go through a stack of potions a lot more quickly than I do, a stack of food. Alchemical ingredients seem for the most part easier to find as long as you keep your eyes open (or invest in the appropriate skills) whilst adventuring/exploring about. Alchemy writs can help in this area too, they're often simple to fulfill and give a great return if you're lucky enough to be rewarded with an alchemist map. Finally, I found learning the alchemical recipes by trial and error vastly more enjoyable than cooking. With cooking you don't have to think at all, but being alchemist at least there is a little brain power required in the beginning, when you're determining the effects of all the plants you've picked. Of course if you don't want to think for yourself there's a myriad of guides online with all the information already laid out for you too, so either way.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to be raiding or pvping you are going to need hordes of potions which cost 10-12k a stack. The flowers cost more than the potions themselves so you can't circumvent the potion cost by buying the ingredients. If you can only do one, and you are going to raid take alchemy. You can actually afford to buy food and it lasts for 2hrs.
    Edited by Armitas on February 20, 2015 4:09PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled both, I can say my potions sell much faster than the foods. Especially the tri-pots, that thing sell so fast on crowd within single shout
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.