The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf questions

aasterlingb14_ESO
I have a friend who's excited about ESO going B2P, because she loves the idea of playing a werewolf but can't justify paying a monthly sub right now. Since she has no ESO account, I'm not sure she can post on the forums, so I'm going to ask on her behalf. (I don't know the answers to most of her questions.)

1. What's the cooldown on werewolf abilities? (I explained that in Skyrim, it's a once-per-day ability that you can cast anytime. I don't have any WW characters in ESO.)
2. How much time can you spend in werewolf form? How does it affect your abilities? (E.g., is it like in Skyrim, where you can't really interact with objects, but you're stronger and faster in combat?)
3. How do NPCs feel about werewolves? Would guards attack you on sight? Are there any detrimental effects to running around in shifted form? (Like how vampires take sun damage if they're out during the day.)

Thanks!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. No cooldown per se. It's an ultimate ability, so you're limited in how often you can transform into a werewolf only by how quickly you can generate ultimate.
    2. It depends. There are various passives you can spend skill points on that will extend the time. One of them, in particular, lets you devour the corpses of the enemies you kill in order to stay a werewolf longer. In theory you could stay in WW form indefinitely. In practice, it's usually more like enough time to kill a handful of small groups of mobs within an area.
    3. NPCs don't care currently. I'm not sure about whether transforming into a WW in a town gives you a bounty with the justice system in 1.6 - I haven't checked. It would make sense though. Side note: the strain of vampirism you can get in ESO is one that's different from the strains in previous games, and if you're a vampire you do not take damage from the sun.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. There are no cooldowns at all in this game. The Werewolf ability will cost Ultimate to use; which is generated in combat

2. The time is very short and not long enough in my personal opinion. One can spend points on passives to increase the time spendable in WW form; other than that, the time is too short to really make much use of it.

3. right now, NPCs don't care. They MAY in 1.6 though; will have to see what direction ZOS goes
    Edited by Cody on February 20, 2015 9:26PM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no cool-downs on the Werewolf abilities, but there is a cool-down on the transformation, you need to charge Ultimate in order to transform, and once you do, you can potentially stay in Werewolf form forever, given there is a plentiful supply of corpses to eat over and over to keep you charged.

While in werewolf form your skill-bar changes and you have the werewolf abilities. Leap, which is a gap closer, Roar, which is a fear and sends people running, Infectious Claws, is a cone attack that debuffs enemy healing, Hircine's Bounty, is a self heal for a medium to large amount of your magicka pool, can't remember the last one sadly...

As for guards, no, you can be a vampire or a werewolf and dilly dally in towns all day long without being attacked by guards, this may change when the Justice System gets updates, but until then.. Have fun doggy-piling in the middle of Windhelm.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • aasterlingb14_ESO
    Thanks for the responses! She's found them very helpful. ^^

An unrelated question: If she buys the Imperial edition of the game, does that come with the option to make a character of any race belong to any faction, or just the Imperials? (I have the Explorer's Pack special edition, which lets me join any faction regardless of race, but that doesn't seem to be available through the ESO website.)
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses! She's found them very helpful. ^^

An unrelated question: If she buys the Imperial edition of the game, does that come with the option to make a character of any race belong to any faction, or just the Imperials? (I have the Explorer's Pack special edition, which lets me join any faction regardless of race, but that doesn't seem to be available through the ESO website.)

She'd need the Explorers Pack to get the "Any Race, Any Faction" bonus. Which sucks... I didn't have the money and I bought the game a day after the pre-orders stopped :cry:

If she buys the Imperial Edition she CAN create an Imperial in any faction, but only an Imperial.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    explorers pack is any race any alliance, imperial edition is 1 gold horse and imperial race, which can be used in any alliance.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

3. right now, NPCs don't care. They MAY in 1.6 though; will have to see what direction ZOS goes

On PTS currently guards do not care if you are a Stage 4 vampire or a transformed werewolf. Which is completely ludicrous. Hopefully they eventually put it in but we aren't going to see it in this round.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a werewolf and I love it. As stated there is no cooldown on the abilities but the transformation is an ultimate. I have been able to go through whole solo dungeons without coming out of werewolf form. Devour, leap, and heavy attacks extend time with the right ability morph. And with 1.6 you will basically stay in werewolf form as long as you are taking damage. The big damage ability is also a knock back. Light attacks add a dot. The dot ability is cone and can heal you or reduce the targets healing. The fear can add a synergy or extra damage against feared targets. The heal is big and adds a group buff or added healing over time. It is really fun.

The only drawback is the added damage you take from poison. But I picked a race with poison resistance.