The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Damage from weapons

eugene.wongseb17_ESO
eugene.wongseb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi there

Just started playing...

Initially I had a weapon in each hand, each doing about 20 damage, so that's a total of 40 damage.

Now I switch to a large two-handed axe and that axe is only doing 22 damage. That's only around half the damage I used to do. And I take like, forever, to swing.

Has anyone ever calculated the amount of DPS done with these? Any point in using two-handed weapons other than how cool it looks to weild a giant axe around?

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality of weapons plays a massive role in how the weapon performs. However DW does indeed have a higher amount of raw weapon damage, but 2H has higher burst and even sustained via attack weaving, and possess an execute.

Personally I'm far better with a 2H than I am with DW
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you dual wield you only get 20% (26% with passives) of the weapon value from your off hand weapon. So if you have two times a 20 weapon power sword, their value together equals 20 + (20 x 20/100) or 24.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    two 20 damage weapons don't have you doing 40 damage.

the off handed weapons damage is heavily reduced.

and iv found 2H does more damage. DW seems to be about dodging and slowly beating down your enemy.
  • eugene.wongseb17_ESO
    eugene.wongseb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    whats attack weaving?

thanks for the answers :smile: