The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is the Main Quest over?

couchkyle25_ESO
couchkyle25_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm just curious here Zeni, are you guys ever going to add the Part 2? or are you all relying on things like Craglorn and such to serve as the "sequal" to this story? I really hope not, and hope and pray that you all eventually continue this epic adventure. The ending was soooo epic, I cannot put it into words. The Vestige's journey with the Companions cannot be over. Surely we'll be seeing them again I hope?
  • Melissiah
    Melissiah
    Soul Shriven
    I hope too

But I was diseapointed with the alliance war thing. I tought when you win a campaign you fight Molag Ball in the throne room or on the imperial citadel top with 300 peoples including an emperor but looks like I miss read something...
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILERS!!

The Vestige is no longer 'The Vestige' after they get their soul back. Meridia is pretty blatant when she said that the exploits of Our Hero has gotten the attention of other Daedric Princes and that our 'victory' was actually a victory for Molag Bal.

There will be more. They all but stated it plainly.

When and where and what, that's another matter. But I don't think Lil Mo is done with us.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say, Azzuria is right. At the moment, we are at ESO version 1.3.something. With version 2 somewhere in the the future, the main quest might very well continue.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    The game is 6 months old. The cost of voice actors alone would be prohibitive. They have thousands of villains lorewise to go with. Creatively making a whole new storyline and balancing it so its actually enjoyable and isn't able to be finished in a night is going to take them a long time and take up resources they just don't have atm. Look at least two years down the line. Probably have something to do with that shiny keep or castle you'll get to store all your stuff in.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @couchkyle25_ESO‌, there's a whole lotta blank map space left. They're bound to add more. There is too much room for opportunity for them not to.

However, unlike the side quests, which they still put much love and thought into, even more would go into a main quest line. Give them time, let them do it right.

There is still plenty to do until then, and they will continue to release minor content.

They want you to keep playing, and like @Azzuria‌ stated, you've gotten the attention of others.

As a minimum, you know Uncle Sheo will be back around, regardless of what he promised. (I suspect he had his Daedric fingers crossed, anyway.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure it this way...

If Zenimax Online Studios works like other studios, they started on v2 content a year ago already. By the time a title ships, the bulk of the people working on it have already moved on to other assignments.

Development teams are very expensive to have sitting around drinking coffee and playing cards. Zenimax Media will keep them busy somewhere, either working on ESO v2 or working on some other title for another division.

The ESO v1 development team that remains behind is responsible for day-to-day maintenance and bug fixes, with a few people doing minor new content (Updates).

There may have been times, and probably still are times, where they pull in people from v2 to work on v1, but the primary focus of ZOS development at the moment is v2.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:17PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with OP, best quest in game, maybe the best quest line in any MMO I've played.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do something regarding the Alliance War... as it is, besides the PvP, it's not really explored that much. Now that the Planemeld's over, I hope we see more of that.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard to say since there is the whole matter of the prime anchor over imperial city to resolve.

Though as said already its implied other things will start to happen now that planemeld isn't an immediate threat anymore.
  • Sabriel7
    Sabriel7
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think the main quest is over just yet. Meridia seemed almost afraid when she talked about the future and how the vestige basically helped Molag Bal's scheme. Actually Molag Bal also was a little too happy that you got back your soul as well, and the little comment about the vestiges power would prove useful to him in the future made me think that he did something to your soul while you were trying to get it back. Who knows maybe there will be an expansion where you can actually choose to side with Molag Bal instead. Plus Meridia said you now have the attention of the other daedric princes so maybe they will try to recruit you later on? WOW keeps adding to there storyline through expansions so I don't see why TESO wouldn't.