The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The face of clay

Kuro1n
Kuro1n
✭✭✭
Made my character from ESO (with the beard as I would have wanted it) and a bit stylized. Rendered with a clay setup. :)

4yg4lh0.png
  • Dyna
    Dyna
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! CREEPY! I love it!!
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I actually mostly do characters that are angry, serious or creepy as personal work. :p
    Edited by Kuro1n on February 21, 2015 1:17AM
  • Dyna
    Dyna
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see more. :smiley:

I prefer to make ugly or disfigured characters to write for, but I have a hell of a time art-ing them -- it's so much more challenging to make something look artistically good, but deeply flawed in appearance! If you've got any tips for an aspiring novice, please share!

Also, dem scars and that missing bit of ear - awesome. XD
    Edited by Dyna on February 21, 2015 2:35AM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did by hand? Awesome!
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    @Dyna
    Read books or listen to audio books! :)
    If you try to figure out in your head how the characters look then you will have a hell of a lot easier time figuring out when you are actually working on a piece of art which aspects to add and which not. Also I keep a lot of references from both old and damaged people. If you want some reading tips I would recommend joe abercrombies books, 'the first law' trilogy and the standalones that comes thereafter.

Also remember a angry character usually looks more badass even if it's a bit uglier than if it has other expressions and in many cases can be because it is a battle-scared character or such, you feel more respect for that than a pushover.

But to get started with art I would say you should study proportions and then a little bit of anatomy, try to trace and practice working your skills up that way, expressions and more complicated things can come later. Foundation is king when it comes to art.

@Sacadon
    If by hand includes digital then yes, thanks! :)

EDIT:
    Since you asked about other things I've made I'll post two other models here where I use the same way of thinking when making them.

5qzvdUS.png
    IJnRCWJ.png
    1KFac8T.jpg
    Edited by Kuro1n on February 21, 2015 2:48AM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is so cool
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess if there is a interest I might keep this thread alive and post some stuff here every now and then. :p