The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Melee Sorc

Mkill
Mkill
Soul Shriven
Hello. I'm starting only his adventure with TESO and generally browse, read the skills you attempt to select a different form of combinations for yourself. It seems to me to be an interesting combination of melee Sorce who used to dual wield or 2h, which supported by magic based mainly on skilach like Overload / Negate Magic, Lighting Form and can Surge. What do you think? Does it make sense, such a thing is even playable? In this or patch 1.6
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina sorcs are good. Look at this http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/02/battlemasters-corner--thunderous-destroyer and this build can be even more effective. And in 1.6 such builds will be even better (and overload will scale of stamina/weapon in stamina builds).
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    Hey hey, I was just thinking about that.

I've a V14 sorc magicka focused, I'll do good on 1.6 but I want to reroll with 1.6 and I'm still questioning what class to choose.

I wanted to do a templar but now I'm tempted to do another hybrid melee sorc.

I think about a spellsword, I dunno if the spell damage increase from 2H is a bug or not but if it's not, well, then it's a very interesting concept.

Basically you would run in 5 light, 2 med. First bar would be full of 2H abilities, second bar would be 2H too but with sorc abilities. AOE + Buff. You'll need Boung aegis (on both bar), thundering presence (I can't remember and can't test ATM but does both can stack?), lighting splash, empowered ward + annulment (light armor skill). It'll basically make you indestructible, even with a light armor.

On the first bar, go for surge + whatever 2H abilities to do a lot of DPS, medium will provide the stamina, and hopefully you need to find a way to keep magicka in order to keep sorc buff up. Can be costly and mana intensive.

This is just some ideas with the 1.6, I think it would be very powerful for solo levelling. Need to test DPS in trials tho.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dimillian wrote: »

Basically you would run in 5 light, 2 med.
    Stamina sork should be in at least 5 med. May be 5med+hvy chest and lght belt will be good

• TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their very viable on live but trash in 1.6
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Mricci1988
    Mricci1988
    ✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »

Hang on...can I understand why though?

I just rerolled sorc because I heard something like this would be great for solo pve:

Thundering Presence
    Deadric Curse (reduced explosion time)
    Blood Craze
    Mage's Wrath
    Critical Surge

Overload

for a spell sword class.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mricci1988 wrote: »
    TheLaw wrote: »

Hang on...can I understand why though?
    Think cause of critical surge cooldown. (so they greatly reduced the only sorc healing). But I still think that some stamina build will be viable with non-class healing (smth like rally or blood craze).

• Mkill
    Mkill
    Soul Shriven
    Too bad it does not work the way I wanted it, because in any MMORPG you can not play a mage melee (preferably fists), which supports the magic, I do not think there such thing as a Shaman in WoW. Able to create a class that melee, preferably without arms and strengthen your body magic, something like Killua of HxH, Raikage with Nartuo or Natsu (FT) XD
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mkill wrote: »
    Too bad it does not work the way I wanted it, because in any MMORPG you can not play a mage melee (preferably fists), which supports the magic, I do not think there such thing as a Shaman in WoW. Able to create a class that melee, preferably without arms and strengthen your body magic, something like Killua of HxH, Raikage with Nartuo or Natsu (FT) XD
    Ok, turn overload on and enjoy.