The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really bad performance

Nefil92
Nefil92
Soul Shriven
Hello guys, I bought this game yesterday and i have 20-25 FPS with medium setting and high texture.
There must be something wrong, because i can play AC Unity on Ultra with 40fps+.

My laptops specs:
-win7 ultimate 64b
-GTX860M 4GB
-16GB ram
-i7 4710HQ
I thought it's enough for MMO : /

Any ideas how to improve performance and graphic? I want to play this game at least with high graphic.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make sure all your drivers are up and make sure vsynce is not causing you any issue's
    you could also turn off unneeded side effects such as sunlight rays/ bloom
    Edited by sirston on February 19, 2015 5:59PM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Nefil92
    Nefil92
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, but my specs are over recomended, i thought that recomended means 100% graphic and 60fps.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefil92 wrote: »
    Yes, but my specs are over recomended, i thought that recomended means 100% graphic and 60fps.

Recommended means recommended :disappointed:

As stated above, turn of Vsync and maybe grass, update your drivers, if it's still bad then eh... I know a lot of people with high end computers that still can't run ESO on Ultra without suffering from 15-20 FPS.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Try defragging your hard drive.

Yeah, I know that sounds completely unrelated, but it helped me with a problem that I was having. When it didn't completely lock up my computer and required a reboot, the message I was getting was that "my display driver had stopped responding and had recovered". After trying every video related fix that I could find, nothing helped. Yesterday, on a whim, I ran a defrag on the drive (it was pretty well fragmented). Today it has been running great. It must be highly sensitive to fragmentation, because I haven't had any problems with other games.

Also, some people have had some success with forcing the game to use DX9 rather then DX11. It didn't help with my problem, but it might with yours.
  • matthiasmssb16_ESO
    There are several options, you can try. First, dont run the game by launcher. Create a shortcut with eso.exe, that can help a little bit with performance issues.

- Set view distance to 50-65 (this option mostly relies on CPU power, since eso only uses 1 1/2 cores, it can get you a great performance plus if it was on 100 before)
    - deactivate vsync ingame & within nvidia driver settings
    - take a look at your nvidia driver settings and watch out for the option "DSR - Factor" if its not set to "off", deactivate every setting marked there. DSR is downsampling and sometimes, it is set automaticly by driver. Had a guild mate with a gtx 780 with DSR factor set to 4x and he was running around with max 45fps... after resetting, he had 100fps
    - set energy option within win 7/8 from balanced to maximum
    - set "energy modus" within nvidia driver settings from adaptiv to maximum power

if you still have performance problems after working through these points, try to lower ingame video settings. Like shadow, texture, etc. greatest effect has sub sampling quality! But if you lower this option, you need glasses to play! looks awefull on medium or low setting!