Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster’s Corner – Thunderous Destroyer"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster’s Corner – Thunderous Destroyer."

Learn about today's stamina-based Sorcerer build in this week's issue! Want to submit your build for consideration for a future article? Be sure to email us here!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, interesting build choices on this one. Would definitely have gone with Wrecking Blow over Dizzying Swing for a single target deal, but I also notice the CC motiff going on in there, which says to me you prefer AoE/Solo play, which is awesome imho.

Decent enough build, solid in 1.5, but I am hard pressed to imagine that it will hold well with 1.6's nerf to Critical Surge.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    How has this build fared in AA Trials, Hel Ra, and veteran dungeons?
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • pdarwin
    pdarwin
    ✭✭
    Quite and interesting build.

I assume you built this character from a high level sorcerer where you reset all skill and class points, after creating your weapons and special sets pieces carefully.

Would you mind sharing how you did it, please?

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no doubt that this build is very effective for solo content in you default alliance and Cadwell Silver/Gold. It is however quite bad for endgame group content.

- The use of Surge (Critical Surge) and Encase (Shattering Prison) on both bars is a waste of space.
    - In pre-1.6, slot Flawless Dawnbreaker on your main bar for a substantial DPS increase.
    - Your health pool is probably too large for a true DPS role. (not enough stamina)
    Wololo.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    The nerfs to Crit Surge are sure to have a major impact on this build. Funny BMC would feature such a build with mere weeks before cutting the legs out from under Sorcs who rely on Surge.

^^To Gyudan above:
    I agree that Surge needn't be on both bars and Dawnbreaker would be a good addition to the main bar. Though he did mention that Encase is on both bars intentionally, not only for its CC but also for the passive effects. And he also mentioned wearing 7 Medium with moslty Stamina glyphs so he doesnt suffer stamina issues. Likely his Stamina pool and regen are capped so why not use attributes for pure survivability.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • imakescribbles
    I've been looking for an excuse to put med armor on my mage! If I can clear up some inventory for another set I'll give this a try.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom So instead of making the Crit Surge have a cooldown of 0.25 Secs, the number of possible heals per sec should be capped at 3 and should prefer your large damage crits.

That way instead of your small damage over time abilities reducing your potential heals, they could add only slightly to healing and this would also prevent being invincible with Surge+AOE.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia