Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - Werewolf From The North"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner - Werewolf From The North."

Read on to learn more about this part man, part wolf player build in this week's issue!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Ziggsrpg_ESO
    Ziggsrpg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like an excellent build and I'm glad to see somebody using WW it seems way underutilized which is sad. I am a nightblade dps with bow and dual wield and was considering trying WW but it seems like the abilities lend themselves to tanking much more.
    Eu Megaserver - VR6 Imperial Nightblade - Ziggz

Find ESO information and entertainment below!
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ziggsrpg
    Watch live: http://www.hitbox.tv/ziggstv
    Gaming profile and community: http://www.anook.com/ziggstv
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    A question for the poster as I believe I must have misunderstood:
    You are wearing all Heavy armor with Divines traits adding to the Lady Mundus Armor bonus plus Armor enchant rings to over-overcharge armor. But you say you also stack Ransack, Razor Armor, and Bone Shield......

Why?
    (Keeping in mind this is prior to Update 6 so the effects do stack but soft caps and diminishing returns are very much in place.)
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks impressive in the damage reduction department, but not sure how well it'd last in 1.6 because buffs don't stack. I still prefer my Sap Tank above all other tanks, so many HoT... So much.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a very similar build, but I've opted for using Punctures other morph. I go for Volatile Armor for the damage that it does on casting, which gives a chance to gain a little more ultimate. Come 1.6 I will probably keep Volatile for it's overall damage though.

I like using Crippling as well, that increase to Ultimate Generation means I'm more likely to be hitting that 200 sooner rather than later (again a change coming in 1.6 though).

Still, I like seeing more tank builds that use WW as well. Nice build.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse build i ever seen.I mean no ofence. Keeping Spiked Armor and GDB on both bars -pointless. Keeping WW ultimate on your aoe/second/bar and Standart on your sinlge target dps/taunt bar= pointles, keep ww on single bar and standart on aoe bar.Using Razor armor=pointles, the Volatile morph give you aoe dmg/easy to gather agro on start/ and fast ultimate build/because of aoe dmg/ Bone Shield - remove and replace with Defensive Posture/healing morph= you can even solo casting VET 14 dungeon bosses/and i mean it. Inferno sea of flames??? RLY?!?!= OOM all the time/replace with rally Remove GDB and Spiked armor from second bar and pick Executioner/for kill phase when boss is below 25% and range taunt from undaunted or Extandet Chains/ to stack dat naughty healers/archers/casters and aoe them fast. Uppercut is useless too because you go for bar 2 only below 25% boss health and will spam heavy attack/executioner /repeat. http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mzVz9s8fXGM8fXhA8fXhs8uEI18ugIa8jb3e8uzgC8Gsbb8wABe8wAlB8wAvz8umHI8y7rLR3a6mR3b6rR3r8x7Crsfd6Lsff6Lsfw8E7bLzmW6LzVS8l7GLzoC6LzkA6rzky8B7Jrzsb8X7zrfLW8zR7zzEwXB8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Shader_UA
    Shader_UA
    Soul Shriven
    Worse build i ever seen.I mean no ofence. Keeping Spiked Armor and GDB on both bars -pointless. Keeping WW ultimate on your aoe/second/bar and Standart on your sinlge target dps/taunt bar= pointles, keep ww on single bar and standart on aoe bar.Using Razor armor=pointles, the Volatile morph give you aoe dmg/easy to gather agro on start/ and fast ultimate build/because of aoe dmg/ Bone Shield - remove and replace with Defensive Posture/healing morph= you can even solo casting VET 14 dungeon bosses/and i mean it. Inferno sea of flames??? RLY?!?!= OOM all the time/replace with rally Remove GDB and Spiked armor from second bar and pick Executioner/for kill phase when boss is below 25% and range taunt from undaunted or Extandet Chains/ to stack dat naughty healers/archers/casters and aoe them fast. Uppercut is useless too because you go for bar 2 only below 25% boss health and will spam heavy attack/executioner /repeat. http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mzVz9s8fXGM8fXhA8fXhs8uEI18ugIa8jb3e8uzgC8Gsbb8wABe8wAlB8wAvz8umHI8y7rLR3a6mR3b6rR3r8x7Crsfd6Lsff6Lsfw8E7bLzmW6LzVS8l7GLzoC6LzkA6rzky8B7Jrzsb8X7zrfLW8zR7zzEwXB8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

What you say may work for you, but don't you think that this would just be the completely different build? He just plays as he likes, and if you think that this build is useless, well, you haven't seen him in action. I have, and believe me this is the most badass build I've yet encountered in game, at least for the survival part. Plus, what you propose really takes all fun out of the game, and is actually made for completely different play style and game goals. That's the fun part about ESO - possibilities are infinite, experimenting with different cool unique and functional builds, and not simply take the "best calculated one". That's what I actually hated most in WoW.

And just in case you ask - I am that Daedric Monk he mentioned.
    Edited by Shader_UA on February 18, 2015 5:13AM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shader_UA wrote: »

What you say may work for you, but don't you think that this would just be the completely different build? He just plays as he likes, and if you think that this build is useless, well, you haven't seen him in action. I have, and believe me this is the most badass build I've yet encountered in game, at least for the survival part. Plus, what you propose really takes all fun out of the game, and is actually made for completely different play style and game goals. That's the fun part about ESO - possibilities are infinite, experimenting with different cool unique and functional builds, and not simply take the "best calculated one". That's what I actually hated most in WoW.

And just in case you ask - I am that Daedric Monk he mentioned.

I agree with "He just plays as he likes" part. About ""you haven't seen him in action""- no need i just need to see skills... " what you propose really takes all fun out of the game"?! pls explain me HOW viable builds takes fun of the game ? " and not simply take the "best calculated one" - I not take it- i create it myself and he`s not best calculated one- just "the best proven one"

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic Dragonknight Tank Build, Magicka Based.

Taunt, Green Dragon's Blood, Razor Armor, Igneous Shield, Talons/Cinder Storm, Magma Armor

Offbar can be whatever the heck you want...

I run that setup on my Dragonknight when I have to tank a legitimate boss, otherwise I just use my PvP set up on one bar and Destro set up on the other... To be a tank in this game all you need is an armor buff and a shield... Oh and the taunt.

My PvP setup is awesome for tanking, 7/7 Light armor, pop Razor armor, and go pull 600 DPS with Unstable Flame, Engulfing Flames, Flame Lash spam, maybe throw in some crushing shock for the lulz... And I have enough stamina to block mobs forever because of my enchants, Engine Guardian set and pancakes. :blush:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • yosang
    yosang
    Soul Shriven
    This build is completly dumb, not to mention that the user has no idea of what he has specced and why.