The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch 1.6 - Back to he fields men...back to the fields

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Significantly increased the chance to receive gold boosters from refining.

Significantly decreased the chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes and purple provisioning ingredients from hireling mails.

Added a significant chance to receive gold boosters, gold aspect runes, and purple provisioning ingredients from crafting writ rewards.

Well lets see, I already lost way over half the credit for the tons of refining I did before they started Dye Achievements.

Now they pretty much negated the use for any points in hirelings or hireling passives. Next I guess they'll just negate the drops altogether so we can rely solely on the Crown Store.

So its back to the fields for raw mats all day or running to and fro on once a day writs...and I thought I was going to enjoy having my master crafter at 50/50 and 8/8 finally and play my PVE/PVP more often.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can blame the people who complained about how hard it is to get boosters from material, how irritated they were to only get tomatoes/oats from g-mails and how they weren't getting rewards that they deemed valuable out of the writs.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice if they would significantly increase the chance to get Kuta's from Aspect Runes.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woolen,

Yes I also give credit to all the Hireling whiners that, after getting everything "they" needed from the system, kept asking for it to be nerfed or removed for "everyone' after "them".
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this may seem like a ton of work but...

Instead of just logging in and out to get hireling stuff,
    Why don't you do the writs on all of your characters?

Actually, you only need to do writs every 2 days;
    Get the quests one day, finish it the following day, then get that day's quests.

Inb4 doing actual crafting is too hard (pic related)
    RDjbTO3.gif
    Edited by Terminus on January 28, 2015 3:28AM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You imply that I haven't done any work (crafting) on my alts - sorry wrong assumption.

I've had to do all the crafting on all of them to get those hirelings leveled to get better mats to do more crafting - to get better passives to.....see how that works - sure you do! or you wouldn't be swinging that "you're not worthy" stick of yours.

My master crafter was completed first and he can harvest-purchase mats to level those other crafters 2x-3x faster than a 10K IP writ on any of them - even less IP at lower craft skills.

so "Inb4 doing actual crafting is too hard (pic related)" is just some issue with you I guess.

Again you seem to fall in the tone of others that somehow effectively playing by the actual system ZOS already gave us is somehow **** in your personal bowl of cheerios.

• Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good change. Finally I can get the mats from my main char and don't have to rely alts purely created for hireling mails...
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumi wrote: »
    I think it's a good change. Finally I can get the mats from my main char and don't have to rely alts purely created for hireling mails...

It's a terrible change...most of us have actual playable alts..they just happen to also have levelled up their crafting skill to be able to make use of Hirelings.

I have 5 Vet14 toons, but only one uses up masses of skill points to be an actual crafter. The other toons get to the "3 Hireling" level and the rest of the skill points are used to make effective builds.
  • osaceeub17_ESO
    osaceeub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Steve, my guild mates completely and totally agree with you.

I have 8 playable toons. Of which I allotted some of my skill points to my hirelings. Now when I am not using them, they are not wasted pixels.

I have one toon that is a devoted crafter, she is V10. I restated her to be my DEDICATED crafter. I did this because I am a Guildmaster of a crafting guild. Instead of having to find several motifs to go on three crafter, I only need one. It is a waste of resources have to duplicate everything on several part time crafting toon. It is better for my guild when I can share resources/ motifs, recipes with my guild mates that do not have them.

Now back to the point, hirelings. This is my guild members and my suggestions to the developers:

1. Do Not send items through our hirelings we can purchase through a vendor.
    We have come to destroying items that we can buy (if we need them) from a vendor. (that doesn't mean that you should take talk yourself into the idea of taking items out of the npc vendors stock.... not everyone is a craftier)

2. Do Not decrease or eliminate the rare items we now receive. The rate of drop in the live game is pathetically low. (I can usually save up --from my hirelings--enough golds to make the armor I use on my main two toons ) If I have extras gold mats to sell/share it is only because I obtain them through farming. One of our members has been keeping track and it is a depressingly low number of USEABLE items that we get from our hirelings.)

3. Stop forcing writs down our throats. If this is to be the only ways we can obtain rare items, then we will be extremely unhappy. When I was doing the writs, it was a horrible drain on the resources of the guild. We have about 30 members. When you add up the number of resources that takes for a level 50 crafter to complete each writ at level 50 consumes 100 plus hard mats, i.e. woods, metals or cloth/leather. When that is multiplied by 20 to 50 master crafters that can easily consume over 3,000 woods, 3,000 metals, 3,000 cloth daily. That is one days consumption for the guild. What guild can support consuming that many mats on a daily basis. That is a lot of fracking mats. All our officers stopped doing the writs so our lower level crafters would have the mats available to make, trade and breakdown for leveling. I do not believe the developers understand the dynamics of crafters. It is not the only thing we want to do--at least we would like to have time to do other things instead we are trying to run around and gather materials. Which brings me to the next point;

4. Stop trying to give us "busy work". i.e. 'gather more materials to obtains rare items', 'fish more to make high end foods/beverages', 'complete writs and be rewarded with hard to obtain items' (that is what our blasted hirelings are suppose to do). Please don't make it so hard to be a crafter that we have very little time to play. When people have to spend most of their time in game running around and competing with other farmers for the limited resources you currently provide, that is when the game will cease to be fun. We enjoy being crafters, and have spent a lot of time to get to where we are. It was our choice to be crafters, but at some point we would like to be able to pvp and pve more than we do now.

5. If we still have hirelings place them on a set 12 cycle. Many people are not an a 9-5 schedule. Here are some of the dynamics that make your current system difficult:

a) 12 hours shifts;
    b) dedicated family time (don't let the wife/husband feel neglected or no more gaming);
    c) rotating shift work;
    d) long commute times;
    e) rotating shift hours;
    f) unscheduled life events.

They have suggested 12pm and 12am as set times. That way a person would have a twelve hour window to check your mail.

Hirelings are suppose to obtain things we need. We spent valuable skills points to "hire" them.

If my employees, in real life, tried to pass by me the mediocre results of their "handy work", I would fire them, and hire someone else that could bring me quality items--not items that have very little or NO VALUE. For they most part they are without value and take up critical inventory, bank and guild bank space.

I hope this will give you some insight from the perspective of members of a purely crafting guild. I realize there are people that will not agree with what is being given as suggestions in this post. This is simply the feedback I have received from my guild mates. I agreed to post this and appreciate your considerations for the 1.6 update.

Most graciously,

osacee
    Osa's Crafting Guild
    Dragonfall

Edited by osaceeub17_ESO on January 31, 2015 6:08PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally am looking forward to everyone being able to buy research boosts so that they can learn traits in one day that took me 30 days.

You know they will get there. It's really all that's left to nerf after 1.6.
  • osaceeub17_ESO
    osaceeub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just an addition to the aforementioned post it will take from 6-10 hours (depending on the number of other people farming an given area) to collect enough mats to go the blacksmithing, clothier and woodworking writs. I farmed in several areas: Craglorn, the Rift and eastmarch. Compared and averaged the time and number of mats.

Everyone better start letting Zos know that they are not in agreement with their decisions on this matter.

I have several other crafters getting numbers on the writs and what they return on the PTS

This will not only impact crafters it will impact every player. What happens when gold or purple mats sell for 10 times what they do now.

I have been saving mats for a long time and and could profit a lot if this change goes through. BUT that is not why i became a crafter.

Everyone needs to advise every guildmate they have to let Zos this will not be good for the overall economy of the game.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just an addition to the aforementioned post it will take from 6-10 hours (depending on the number of other people farming an given area) to collect enough mats to go the blacksmithing, clothier and woodworking writs. I farmed in several areas: Craglorn, the Rift and eastmarch. Compared and averaged the time and number of mats.

Everyone better start letting Zos know that they are not in agreement with their decisions on this matter.

I have several other crafters getting numbers on the writs and what they return on the PTS

This will not only impact crafters it will impact every player. What happens when gold or purple mats sell for 10 times what they do now.

I have been saving mats for a long time and and could profit a lot if this change goes through. BUT that is not why i became a crafter.

Everyone needs to advise every guildmate they have to let Zos this will not be good for the overall economy of the game.

Is that an estimate for 1.6 or is it supposed to resemble the current requirement.

It takes me 30-40 minutes running round Craglorn to get enough materials for the next day's writs.

And that includes the time wasted laying into mobs just because I feel like it :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your numbers sound high to me, but I haven't done the same experiment, so I really can't dispute your findings.

The bottom line IMO is that the equipment writs aren't really worth doing unless you're buying the materials for them from guild stores at a low enough price to make a profit off the writs.

Consumables writs, on the other hand, give massive rewards compared to the mats you put into them (enchanting writs somewhat less so than alchemy and provisioning).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Your numbers sound high to me, but I haven't done the same experiment, so I really can't dispute your findings.

I can. If it takes 6-10 hours to gather the mats to do your crafting writs then you are obviously playing a different game to me.

I get a couple of hours playtime a night. During that time (if I am playing solo and not going to Dungeons with guildies) I quest and explore. I examine pretty much every inch of the area I am currently questing in and so find a lot of resources along the way as I harvest everything I find. I also find quite a few lovely chests filled with equipment.

Towards the end of a two hour session (when my inv has filled) I head back to town to sort, decon and bank the things I have found and then I complete the writs for that day. All of them. Each day. That's right, ladies and gents, on my own, without being a drain on my guild, I manage to carry out the writs for all 6 crafts while actually playing normally.

On that basis... how is this taking you 6-10 hours to do? No, really. That is an honest question because I have no idea how you could be having such trouble with this.

...and for the record I have hirelings maxed, or near maxed, for all crafts and I have no problem with the shift from hirelings to refining for rare materials at all.

EDIT: The correction of incorrect spelling and grammar caused by the influences of the Demon Weasels.
    Edited by Iluvrien on February 17, 2015 2:16AM
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Iluvrien. In addition, there comes a point were you have to do your own work and not rely on others to do it for you. And that is essentially what you all are doing - for my 3/3 hireling crafts, I get gold materials far, far too often for an investment of three measly skill points.
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Consumables writs, on the other hand, give massive rewards compared to the mats you put into them (enchanting writs somewhat less so than alchemy and provisioning).

Oh, yeah. I desperately need Zeni to fix that. Eight or nine woodworking items per writ decimates my stacks of mats. It's ridiculous. And most of the time I get back - what? A decon item (for a level 50 skill!) or another trait stone to add to my ever-growing piles in the bank? *headdesk*
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.