Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CC skills, will they ever improve in PvP?

sbanned_530978
sbanned_530978
✭✭✭
CC skills are strong in every game. Most CC in games have a 2-3 times longer cd than dps skills. Some AoE CC skills have cds up to 1-5 minutes in alot of cases.
I understand in ESO we have no cool downs and only 5 slots, so alot of skills are designed to have multiple functions.
Burning Talons; High AoE dmg, AoE Immobilize, DOT. When impulse costs 20% less than talons, but talons does more dmg and roots someone, we have a problem.
Why do AoE skills like; talons, retraining prison, and fear cost similar to other skills? ESO has always felt so spammy and the CC has always been a terrible experience to PvP in Cyrodiil. Why do these skills not cost twice if not more then other skills? Why are skills like crystal frags that should be designed for high single target dps that players spam have a 2s stun on it? Why does it not have a morph that costs 50% more and stuns while the other does more dmg?

Why am I rewarded when I charge 1 player and use an aoe skill like talons to root them? You should never use an aoe skill to root one person in a game and it be effective. -_-

Where can ESO fix the spam and improve single target and AoE CC?
Edited by sbanned_530978 on February 14, 2015 12:59PM

CC skills, will they ever improve in PvP? 20 votes

Increase the cost of single target cc by 25% and aoe by 75-100%
20%
KevinmonkoettyKagheiSoris 4 votes
Change morphs so that 1 focuses on dps and the other CC and cost more.
25%
Grim13sbanned_530978LettigallTripwyrxylena 5 votes
other
55%
PoxheartTheLawcubbyhomesb14_ESOTheBullmertustaAhPook_Is_HereDDukeAsgariJuraigrKBKBGooey 11 votes
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    @krayiss‌ Dude enough with the polls already this like number 4?
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    @krayiss‌ Dude enough with the polls already this like number 4?

1 more incoming, havent finished it 2 tired ^.^
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other
    Restraint prison can't be spammed by sorcs. It's horrible in 1.6 .. Give it a try.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think aoe cc skills should cost more in general.

Encase ... the cost on live is preventative, on 1.6.x it felt like a renaiscance. It's not as easy to execute as a body cast since peole cant gtfo out in chasing situations vs confined spaces.

Fear has a 2 target cap and really isn't in league as far as ult gen compared to talons for "spammability". You'll pool yourself fearing 14 ppl in 6-7 seconds. Thats just not op.
    Edited by Valnas on February 14, 2015 2:31PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    @Princess_Asgari‌ it cant be spammed by sorcs why? I just cast it 30 times in a row w/o arch/seduc +20 other buffs, 5.4s root +6.6 snare is horrible why, because of the narrow unstable wall like area? I have tried the skill many times.
    @Valnas‌ Fear is 3 targets 1.6. Fear is already a decent skill and u dont gain ult for talons 1.6? Fear shouldnt get increased as dramatically as 6 aoe CC but all CC still should go up.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    this poll is on the alliance war forum fwiw.

the 6 cap broken fear on 1.6.2 -> was rediciulous. 2-3 is fine. I used to complain about the 2 cap mostly cause i just wanted a negate .... and that'd be way op so i rerolled heh

My comments were mostly re: live, but i'm more interested in how they feel about layered CC.

IE

you get negated while: encased + talon'd. the double stam bam. stand in an ulti bomb, or break free and roll at the same time. Is this intended, and is it really viable to expect pvper's to dump their stam pool only to have it happen repeatedly every 6 seconds. Lots of other ways (fear in talons is gr8 for instance, or getting a invis bats concealed in talons, etc etc etc etc)
    Edited by Valnas on February 14, 2015 3:01PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Restraint prison can't be spammed by sorcs. It's horrible in 1.6 .. Give it a try.
    Better than Agony....
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ok with a higher price for CC abilities, but they need to get CC off of bread and butter damage abilities as it is as its killing some of them (Jabs)
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other
    @krayiss‌ and @TheBull - I should have worded it better. You can spam it many times. however the effect does not work that way. The way it works in 1.6 is different from 1.5. Most times in 1.6 when a player travels through the mist on the ground from your cast they are not CC and keep on moving. In 1.5 this is not the case.

The skill is either bugged in 1.6 or the change made it utterly useless against moving targets. It works nothing like Talons or Blazing Spear which will CC even in a dodge roll.
    Edited by Asgari on February 14, 2015 3:57PM
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    @krayiss‌ and @TheBull - I should have worded it better. You can spam it many times. however the effect does not work that way. The way it works in 1.6 is different from 1.5. Most times in 1.6 when a player travels through the mist on the ground from your cast they are not CC and keep on moving. In 1.5 this is not the case.

The skill is either bugged in 1.6 or the change made it utterly useless against moving targets. It works nothing like Talons or Blazing Spear which will CC even in a dodge roll.
    Lol welcome to the club. If I'm not mistaken, you still can use prison on riding, knocked, down, stunned and blocking? It may bug out, but it can be cast correct?

Agony a skill with almost the exact same mechanics including the cast time cannot be used unless the target is a normal state and not blocking. If a target is not in a normal state or blocking, the NB just waves his hand in the air for 1.3 seconds over and over while the spell does not cast... Not your fault lol but yeah... I will trade agony for prison...
    Edited by TheBull on February 14, 2015 4:04PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other
    TheBull wrote: »

Lol welcome to the club. If I'm not mistaken, you still can use prison on riding, knocked, down, stunned and blocking? It may bug out, but it can be cast correct?

Agony a skill with almost the exact same mechanics including the cast time cannot be used unless the target is a normal state and not blocking. If a target is not in a normal state or blocking, the NB just waves his hand in the air for 1.3 seconds over and over while the spell does not cast... Not your fault lol but yeah... I will trade agony for prison...

I use it on live on my sorc, however on PTS is fights i was unable to get any players with prison. I was only able to get the guards that were standing still. 1.6.3 seems to be the serious sorc killing update. Not looking forward to it.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The talking is about Restraining Prison, an Encase morph, an AoE root (+snare).

You seem to compare Agony to Rune Prison, a single target disorient with casst time.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    ToRelax wrote: »

The talking is about Restraining Prison, an Encase morph, an AoE root (+snare).

You seem to compare Agony to Rune Prison, a single target disorient with casst time.
    I am comparing it to rune prison. Almost the exact same skill except rune is a disorient, and agony is a stun that behaves exactly like a disorient. It breaks on damage. Petrify, rune, and agony all break on dmg, but agony is the only one that can't be cast on a target if blocking, stunned, riding, knocked down ext.
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    other
    It works nothing like Talons or Blazing Spear which will CC even in a dodge roll.

Talons has never done this for me. Give me your hax.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are also abilities like Eclipse which are more debuff than 'cc' but are nevertheless put on the cc timer. This wouldn't be so bad except a DK can just keep flapping away, and drop talons on you til he goes blue in the face. Immovable doesn't protect against it, but a cleansing ritual or roll dodge will. The thing is, I've never experienced cc immunity coming out of talons, I don't know what you people are talking about. The amount of times I get hit by Talons in succession tells me that it defies any kind of cc immunity. The nb single target hold is also pretty bad, considering the 'windup phase' they get.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    other
    There are also abilities like Eclipse which are more debuff than 'cc' but are nevertheless put on the cc timer. This wouldn't be so bad except a DK can just keep flapping away, and drop talons on you til he goes blue in the face. Immovable doesn't protect against it, but a cleansing ritual or roll dodge will. The thing is, I've never experienced cc immunity coming out of talons, I don't know what you people are talking about. The amount of times I get hit by Talons in succession tells me that it defies any kind of cc immunity. The nb single target hold is also pretty bad, considering the 'windup phase' they get.

First off, you think it'd be good to be able to continuously put a debuff on someone that restricts their use of magic projectiles? Don't forget how long this spell lasts and how cheap it is considering the time it stays on the enemy, flappy flap is a 4 second reflect and it costs a lot of magicka to keep up 100% of the time. Secondly, any form of root like talons or the NB's cripple is considered a soft CC, you only get CC immunity for hard CCs that you are able to break out of using the interrupt function in game.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    I think something else will happen.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    other
    If anything, they should make certain CCs be either unbreakable (since they break from dmg anyhow) or cost like 75-100% to break.
    Give these CCs double immunity period after breaking free, if they feel too op otherwise.

E.g. Agony, Restraining Prison, Petrify etc.

I think the bigger question is, how can a game claim to have CCs, when truly their main purpose is just to drain stamina?

I'd like to see some real CCs in the game, and I believe that what I proposed above could work and create a more strategic, interesting PvP experience, instead of the current "spam CC X every 5 seconds to drain stamina".
    Edited by DDuke on February 15, 2015 8:57PM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how not a single one of your polls has the option "leave as is" but instead multiple versions of "yes".
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴