Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

72 New Passives, good or bad for PvP?

sbanned_530978
sbanned_530978
✭✭✭
With 9 new Champion Constellations, each with 4 passives to put points into and 4 unlocked in each tree is a massive change to ESO. How will it all be balanced and change PvP today?
With passives under The Apprentice (blessed) 25% more healing initiated being so strong when putting 100 points into them.
What passives can be compared to that, Restoration Mastery 5% healing with resto skills? Thats 5x as powerful.
New players down the road will be missing passives 5 times as strong as the ones unlocked from class, weapon, and other skill line passives.

When players can easily solo keeps and healers soloing resources in PvP, we have problems.
3600 champion points also = 4-10k stats to each stat resource (without % bonuses that is -_-)

The system seems very impossible to balance the game (Pv cyrodiil guards) when player dont start with all the 25% passives. Will guards be boosted 3 months down the road to make them feel like a challenge again? What about new players?

So where to start? Reducing most of the 1st 4 passives in each constellation (100 points) from 25% healing initiated down to roughly 5%.
72 passives half of which increasing and decreasing costs or dmg by 5% will still feel very powerful, isnt that why stats were scaled by almost x10 and we now are seeing people with 40-50k health?
Edited by sbanned_530978 on February 14, 2015 12:31PM

72 New Passives, good or bad for PvP? 37 votes

Reduce most champ passives down from 25% healing to 5%
35%
cozmon3c_ESOTheLawkendellking_chaosb14_ESOCrowzerBipoloThe_SpAwNCuddlerLhorionolsborgsbanned_530978Bane_of_FringeDerraxylena 13 votes
other
64%
IcyDeadPeopleMorHawkKevinmonJahoelTheBullRedTalonTankqullKagheiAriBohZershar_VemodkimbohPerichorColumbatplink3r1ItsRejectzReifSanct16StillikoKBKBGyudan 24 votes
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    krayiss wrote: »
    With 9 new Champion Constellations, each with 4 passives to put points into and 4 unlocked in each tree is a massive change to ESO. How will it all be balanced and change PvP today?
    With passives under The Apprentice (blessed) 25% more healing initiated being so strong when putting 100 points into them.
    What passives can be compared to that, Restoration Mastery 5% healing with resto skills? Thats 5x as powerful.
    New players down the road will be missing passives 5 times as strong as the ones unlocked from class, weapon, and other skill line passives.

When players can easily solo keeps and healers soloing resources in PvP, we have problems.
    3600 champion points also = 4-10k stats to each stat resource (without % bonuses that is -_-)

The system seems very impossible to balance the game (Pv cyrodiil guards) when player dont start with all the 25% passives. Will guards be boosted 3 months down the road to make them feel like a challenge again? What about new players?

So where to start? Reducing most of the 1st 4 passives in each constellation (100 points) from 25% healing initiated down to roughly 5%.
    72 passives half of which increasing and decreasing costs or dmg by 5% will still feel very powerful, isnt that why stats were scaled by almost x10 and we now are seeing people with 40-50k health?
    You know the guards are v5 right? I'm pretty sure they will step them up in the not too distant future.
    Edited by TheBull on February 14, 2015 12:36PM
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    @TheBull‌ so new players without all the 25% passives will have an insane difficulty killing them?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

You know the guards are v5 right? I'm pretty sure they will step them up in the not too distant future.

Well they are also going to remove V-ranks at some point anyway.

And @krayiss , please just stop those biased polls, you are making a fool of yourself.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

And @krayiss , please just stop those biased polls, you are making a fool of yourself.

I started with some base ideas, and gave the option to vote other to find more, whats wrong?
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From tests we did, i got the feeling healing could be way to strong right now. I had no problem standing in 12ish people spamming aoe (wihtout any classshields or harness magica) whilst one templar was healing me with healing springs. The group doing aoe ran out of magica before i died / ran out of stamina. Granted i couldnt to *** to them either due to no damage, but still. This was during the EU char copy.
    :]
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I started with some base ideas, and gave the option to vote other to find more, whats wrong?

You don't give the option "fine as it is" ?

• NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please stop using that to justify a flawed system. Vet ranks will not be removed for at least 6 months and might not ever be removed
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please stop using that to justify a flawed system. Vet ranks will not be removed for at least 6 months and might not ever be removed

:expressionless:

Now, where did I "justify a flawed system", please?
    I just said they were removing V-ranks at some point because they said on ESO Live that was still the plan.
    If that happens before they adress PvP NPC balance (and for that they have some time left, we are not going to start 1.6 with maxed out Champion Points) they will obviously not give a higher level to the guards.

So yeah, tyvm.

• ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Man, all this OP keeps doing is make stupid topics about nonsense and adding a poll to it
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like im too powerful with 900 champ points spent. I just killed 2 players all the while standing inside an enemy resource while killing npcs and capturing it too, im a sorc. I dunno, feels like im cheating.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Feels like im too powerful with 900 champ points spent. I just killed 2 players all the while standing inside an enemy resource while killing npcs and capturing it too, im a sorc. I dunno, feels like im cheating.

Exactly the reason why pts isn´t played by my guildies. Theere is no reason to test stuff at the moment.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is inevitable that the Champion System "Perks" will be significantly nerfed in the future. The point of having them so powerful right now is to leave a carrot out for players to keep playing the game to give them a chance to noticeably improve their characters.

Once enough players reach that critical mass of champion points, they'll nerf them and offer some other carrots to keep us plodding along. It's MMO 101.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is inevitable that the Champion System "Perks" will be significantly nerfed in the future. The point of having them so powerful right now is to leave a carrot out for players to keep playing the game to give them a chance to noticeably improve their characters.

Once enough players reach that critical mass of champion points, they'll nerf them and offer some other carrots to keep us plodding along. It's MMO 101.

The other option is giving significant xp buffs to players behind the "curve" to make catching up easier.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Mag DK, with 70 pts I already can solo ressources. They will have to up the guards lvl.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    the 25% is not a problem, the problem is they are not connected to a dimnishing return.
    if instead of a given breaking point to get access to them they should be connected to a dimnishreturn system granting 50-80% of that passives bonus at 10-15% of the needed points that would balance it somehow - the way it is now the entire system is garbage.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    well instead of raising the lvl cap they added champion points... it wouldn't really be much different if they would instead boost lvl cap over and over to maintain progression... new players will always be weaker than lvl cap'd players.. you can see the max champ points as a new lvl cap... besides the none veteran campaigns offer a safe haven for new players..
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote that pull is bugged, rigged and out right unsatisfying

only two options....