The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where are all the grocers in the Ebonheart pact?

Dru1076
Dru1076
✭✭✭✭
I was silly and didn't build up my provisioning skill. Now that I want to, it seems incredibly difficult to find ingredients I can actually use. I have opened literally hundreds of barrels and sacks in early zones with very little success.

I have now found out about grocers... But can only find two in the Ebonpact zone and according to info on the net the other pacts have one in almost every major city, so i assume they are equally abundant in my pact zone. Does anybody know if there is a grocer in the Ebonheart zones who sells Kwama eggs? Surely there has to be one, and I am over trying to find them in barrels. I wasted hours searching, and am just about ready to give up. I hope someone can help me out here...

I am willing to buy the eggs i need, if anyone has some to spare.
Edited by Dru1076 on January 24, 2015 2:58AM
Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grocers don't sell Kwama eggs, same as they don't sell Plumb Worms, Bear Haunch, or Beef.

There is one in Mournhold in Deshaan, to one side of the stairs between the vendors and the bank.

Ther is ine in eastmarch inside the inn by the vendors, the grocer is upstairs (Makes-No-Soup).

I never found the Grovcer in the Rift, or Shadowfen.

There is one in Stonefalls, but I can't recall where off the top of my head.

And the Grocer in Coldharbour is in the shop near the bank, she walks around a bit, but is often by the fire.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 24, 2015 4:02PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you my friend. This info is most helpful, and very appreciated.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dru1076 wrote: »
    I was silly and didn't build up my provisioning skill. Now that I want to, it seems incredibly difficult to find ingredients I can actually use. I have opened literally hundreds of barrels and sacks in early zones with very little success.

Another thing to remember is your low level ingredients are much harder to find on a higher level character. Roll an alt so you can gather low level ingredients, and more importantly, recipes. Certain recipes only drop in a narrow range of levels, so keep that in mind too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Dru1076: It's against the rules to buy or trade stuff in the forums, but if you were to include your server and in game name with your request for information, it makes it easier for some generous folk to simply gift you some stuff. I'm just sayin'
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The grocer in Stonefalls is in Davon's Watch in the merchant circle. She is an Argonian, usually kneeling, and by a cart. You pass by her if you go from the bank to the crafting area via the merchant area.

Also, if you are vet level, then you won't be able to find the base ingredients in the early zones - you will find beef, mudcrab meat, honeycomb, kaveh beans, etc. instead. Basically, all the base ingredients for the non-alliance recipes (40 and higher). You will, however, still find the additives that are zone specific (e.g. you will find meal in Stonefalls and milled flour in Deshaan, etc.).

EDIT: Of course, 1.6 will change all of this, with grocers selling all of the ingredients you will need.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 12, 2015 6:24PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till 1.6 goes live. There won't be any at all with the introduction of the Justice System. People will kill them all for trying to sell a Carrot for 150g.....
    NA Server - Kildair