Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I was wondering in the middle of the Alikir Desert one day

Iago
Iago
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering in the middle of the Alikir Desert one day and I fell through the sand and ended up here. I have tried to recreate the trip but have never made it back. Has anyone else ever been here? It is a massive area with no NPcs and weird houses I have never seen before in ESO.

Screenshot_20140528_221112.png

Screenshot_20140528_221106.png

Screenshot_20140528_221117.png
That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    Perks of the Explorers pack?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found after falling through the ground? Hmm... could be China! :p

In all seriousness, it's probably some unused semi-overlapping piece of the world space. Strange there would be so much detail though...

Maybe it's a pocket realm of Oblivion. Like Orc Stonehenge or something. XD
    Edited by Phinix1 on February 12, 2015 1:28AM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arandear wrote: »
    Perks of the Explorers pack?

I doubt it, most likely it is an area that never made it into the game but it was a fairly large area and rather creepy as it was devoid of any and all life and I could read Alikir Z chat but could not chat back at people
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found after falling through the ground? Hmm... could be China! :p

In all seriousness, it's probably some unused semi-overlapping piece of the world space. Strange there would be so much detail though...

Maybe it's a pocket realm of Oblivion. Like Orc Stonehenge or something. XD

It very well could be I was traveling North from the Bergama wayshrine to go to the Vamp Kiss station and boom. I have made the trip dozens of times since making armor but never had the pleasure of a return trip.

-Thomas Pain

• PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I wonder what happened.
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any harvesting nodes there, or just a empty landscape? Did you explore the whole area? I would have ransacked the whole zone before leaving. The developers might have left the "Mace of Molag Bal" laying around.
    Edited by RSram on February 12, 2015 3:10AM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    Any harvesting nodes there, or just a empty landscape? Did you explore the whole area? I would have ransacked the whole zone before leaving. The developers might have left the "Mace of Molag Bal" laying around.

nope nothing interactable at all.

-Thomas Pain

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to open a map to see what the zone was?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to open a map to see what the zone was?

yep no matter where I went in that zone it showed me in the exact same spot in the Al'Akir.

-Thomas Pain

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds suspicious.

Ayelid suspicious.

Ancient, Ayelid.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe it's where all the Dwemer Went when Kagrenac Struck the heart of Lorkhan Making them disappear.

-Thomas Pain

• PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Sounds suspicious.

Ayelid suspicious.

Ancient, Ayelid.

This was perhaps inevitable, but..

25376-aliens-meme-aVwp.jpeg

Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it, though I wonder why fall damage didn't kill you? These little heavily built places normally inaccessible except through rare glitches always amaze me. It seems like this is just a thing that they do.

Interesting that it has grass and such though. When I found Skingrad, it had a checkered texture floor with a translucent 8-16bit map overlay on it where they were placing stuff.

Here's two screens I hadn't posted previously. These show some of the translucent mapping. Particularly the second one.

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the original Metroid on NES. If you used the "bubble door morph ball jumping" trick it could take you to some very weird areas of the game.

Minus World on Super Mario Bros also comes to mind.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Teiji wrote: »
    Sounds suspicious.

Ayelid suspicious.

Ancient, Ayelid.

This was perhaps inevitable, but..

25376-aliens-meme-aVwp.jpeg

you beat me to it.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a reoccurring glitch in the Forgotten Crypts from time to time where the exit door is missing and if I step through it I'm under the map.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    I believe it, though I wonder why fall damage didn't kill you? These little heavily built places normally inaccessible except through rare glitches always amaze me. It seems like this is just a thing that they do.

Interesting that it has grass and such though. When I found Skingrad, it had a checkered texture floor with a translucent 8-16bit map overlay on it where they were placing stuff.

Here's two screens I hadn't posted previously. These show some of the translucent mapping. Particularly the second one.

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png

that's awesome I want to go there too.

-Thomas Pain

• Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png

The interesting thing was, the locations matched up with the position on that map. For example, inside Skingrad, you could see writing on the ground for it.

Interestingly, I couldn't find an actual map with the same look as that one. The Arena one is lower quality, Morrowind is too new, and I don't think Daggerfall had Skingrad on the map.

I do wonder what the place you found was. Usually if it it under the map, it is something in a door or whatnot. Occasionally I've seen texture glitches on walls when you went in a building where you could see people running around above, of at the door in the big boneyard in grahtwood you could see people below in the cave area.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png

The interesting thing was, the locations matched up with the position on that map. For example, inside Skingrad, you could see writing on the ground for it.

Interestingly, I couldn't find an actual map with the same look as that one. The Arena one is lower quality, Morrowind is too new, and I don't think Daggerfall had Skingrad on the map.

I do wonder what the place you found was. Usually if it it under the map, it is something in a door or whatnot. Occasionally I've seen texture glitches on walls when you went in a building where you could see people running around above, of at the door in the big boneyard in grahtwood you could see people below in the cave area.

in this link forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122819/written-for-the-gods-or-maybe-even-extraterrestrials#latest is the post I made back when we were having huge lag spikes I got to the huge island southwest of Auridon And found some really cool stuff.

-Thomas Pain

• gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of Hircine's realm. Curious..
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was probably a area that was going to be in the game but they ended up scrapping it. Or its a secret are for ZoS employees to hide in like the islands outside the map in Cyrodiil.
    ~Thallen~
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of Hircine's realm. Curious..

something about the area makes me think orcs for some reason. I have structures like these anywhere else in the game.

-Thomas Pain

• Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the future site of Wrothgar. It just isn't in the right location yet. Continental drift, plate tectonics and evolution all take time, you know. ;)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png

in this link forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122819/written-for-the-gods-or-maybe-even-extraterrestrials#latest is the post I made back when we were having huge lag spikes I got to the huge island southwest of Auridon And found some really cool stuff.

OOH I missed that when you posted it. That is rather intriguing. As you mentioned in that thread, it was lag spikes and weird disconnects which allowed me to find Skingrad. For a long while I was actually nervous to post it wondering if I would get in trouble. Bit by bit no one said anything about it and I know they monitor the threads, so I figure if they had a problem they would have said something by now.

Looks like someone else found Skingrad not to long ago in:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145915/interesting-places-youve-found

I can't find where I posted my others, so I'll just reshare them with you here. Who knows maybe we can get a bunch of people to share places like this.

1MrIykC.png

QIxx5sc.png

IX1IQ54.png

DHoqeyK.png

I also found a random ruins nearby Skingrad. It's been a while since I played Oblivion, but I really don't know what these are.

dklFukB.png

RZE1C1A.png

VOnKoF0.png

tlSTi8q.png
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

jTZalGg.png

R91v3Wt.png

OOH I missed that when you posted it. That is rather intriguing. As you mentioned in that thread, it was lag spikes and weird disconnects which allowed me to find Skingrad. For a long while I was actually nervous to post it wondering if I would get in trouble. Bit by bit no one said anything about it and I know they monitor the threads, so I figure if they had a problem they would have said something by now.

Looks like someone else found Skingrad not to long ago in:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145915/interesting-places-youve-found

I can't find where I posted my others, so I'll just reshare them with you here. Who knows maybe we can get a bunch of people to share places like this.

1MrIykC.png

QIxx5sc.png

IX1IQ54.png

DHoqeyK.png

I also found a random ruins nearby Skingrad. It's been a while since I played Oblivion, but I really don't know what these are.

dklFukB.png

RZE1C1A.png

VOnKoF0.png

tlSTi8q.png

that's really epic.

Astrid needs to be started for locations like this everybody should share their pictures and where they were when they were taken and we should probably tag at least one mod in the original post to try to get some developer feedback on these.

there's just way too much weird stuff like this in the game not to get some feedback.

-Thomas Pain

• Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    Miscarcand is a large Ayleid ruins between Skingrad and Kvatch. Maybe you found that.
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO
    Unless these are locations not yet finished and are to be in the game, I dont find it amusing knowing ZOS can´t clean up the code.

If something was scrapped and decided not to be in the game, there shouldn't be leftovers like some filthy kitchen zink.
    Edited by james_vestbergb16_ESO on February 12, 2015 8:23AM
  • Aidantwab16_ESO
    Aidantwab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One of the houses in Wayrest is haunted. Not like ghost NPC but like actual creepypasta haunted. If you stand around in there with your volume turned up for long enough, you can hear a woman start to cry and sometimes say depressed things.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless these are locations not yet finished and are to be in the game, I dont find it amusing knowing ZOS can´t clean up the code.

If something was scrapped and decided not to be in the game, there shouldn't be leftovers like some filthy kitchen zink.

the pictures I originally Posted were taken around the end of June so maybe the areas already been removed. although honestly I have my doubts about that.

-Thomas Pain

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the houses in Wayrest is haunted. Not like ghost NPC but like actual creepypasta haunted. If you stand around in there with your volume turned up for long enough, you can hear a woman start to cry and sometimes say depressed things.

Which house, need screenshot and location please :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭