The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you want to switch between Megaservers...

CheesyDaedra
CheesyDaedra
✭✭✭
...Don't waste your time doing a full Re-download of the game, go to the game files (C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online) and take out (or put) EU in the "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" folder, this way you can switch between servers without ever having to download two copies of the same game.

Just thought this might be useful, as the launcher doesn't give you an option or a hint regarding this.
Edited by CheesyDaedra on March 31, 2014 1:15AM
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    There's a way you can play on both without having to re-download in the future, just one click away. You just need to make a copy of your The Elder Scrolls Online folder, place it on the same Zenimax Online folder, and change the copy one to host the other server (add/delete EU from the copy one). Then you just need to open launcher, change server, install, pause, and repair. The repair function helps saving time by only asking you to basically change the needed files that's differ the server data.
  • Sindane
    Sindane
    ✭✭
    Repair does not come up as an option while I pressed pause.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sindane wrote: »
    Repair does not come up as an option while I pressed pause.

Choose Cancel, then Repair.

• aarondavidbakerb16_ESO
    To get this to work I had to do things in a slightly different order:
    1. Opened up the launcher and changed megaserver to NA (I was on EU)
    2. It changed and prompted me to install, ignored this and closed launcher
    3. Copied my 'The Elder Scrolls Online EU' folder to 'The Elder Scrolls Online'
    4. Opened the launcher and the main button now said 'Repair' so I clicked it and it verified what was there then downloaded a few hundred MB more
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    This is not working for me, it says invalid version. Is this working for anyone else?
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    The launcher doesn't like the version files form the EU version when you try and play on NA.

Follow the instructions on deleting your version files. You don't have to download the whole client.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6486
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Esolot
    Esolot
    Soul Shriven
    Any ideas how the servers can be switched for the mac client?