The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restoration One-handed Mace Weapon Skill

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
Healers are extremely vulnerable when carrying a staff, especially in pvp. A one-handed mace restoration option is needed for healers who want to carry a shield and heal.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So play a templar.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    Healers are extremely vulnerable when carrying a staff, especially in pvp. A one-handed mace restoration option is needed for healers who want to carry a shield and heal.
    So adding ~300 armor and 20-35% Block mitigation (when you have time to block while Healing) is going to take you from "extremely vulnerable" to viable? The only difference in Block absorption between a Staff and a shield is the passives in 1H/Shield tree. And sorry to say, but ~300 armor isn't going to save you either. Sneaky Snipe types can still 2-shot a VR14 wearing full Heavy armor.

That said I'm definitely for a 1H/Shield healing option.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I always wanted in this game. A frontline healer, wearing chain mail armor with a mace and shield equipped in hands. A cleric or paladin archetype basicly, highly defensive and strong heals for his/her mates, not a some type of a mage with restoration spells.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    size_does_matter_by_rammcutegirl-d5yulmq.jpg
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, but what was the size of the One Ring hmmm?

Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faernaa wrote: »
    That's what I always wanted in this game. A frontline healer, wearing chain mail armor with a mace and shield equipped in hands. A cleric or paladin archetype basicly, highly defensive and strong heals for his/her mates, not a some type of a mage with restoration spells.

So... a Templar?

Yes I realise armour is not really viable for a healer right now, but ZOS has explicitly stated that they're hoping it will be come 1.6.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's not working and I don't think it will work as good as cloth and stick in terms of magicka sustain and spell power in 1.6
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's not working and I don't think it will work as good as cloth and stick in terms of magicka sustain and spell power in 1.6

Of course it won't. Are you expecting to be on-par with a light armour healer in terms of magicka and spell power in heavy armour...? But they did say it will become viable.
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use 2 pieces of heavy armor, and 5 light. If you hide the head graphics, and use the heavy armor chest and shoulders (light armor on the rest), you can still maintain the illusion of using mostly heavy armor and still make an effective healer.
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Use 2 pieces of heavy armor, and 5 light. If you hide the head graphics, and use the heavy armor chest and shoulders (light armor on the rest), you can still maintain the illusion of using mostly heavy armor and still make an effective healer.

Alternatively, use light Undaunted 2-pieces (which look the same regardless of armour type) and heavy chest and legs.
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭

Alternatively, use light Undaunted 2-pieces (which look the same regardless of armour type) and heavy chest and legs.

It would seem that this is an idea whose time has come. My concern was more about the weapon than the armor.

Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would seem that this is an idea whose time has come. My concern was more about the weapon than the armor.

Well, as stated multiple times already that's what the Templar's for.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Aye, but what was the size of the One Ring hmmm?

That is such a Boromir thing to say...
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just play a Templar.
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to quit my Templar but then I took an arrow in the knee...
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A good Templar can fix that.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A good Templar can fix that.

haha.

ba dum dum
    Edited by Cody on January 7, 2015 3:35AM
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of this happening anytime soon?
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭

Templars don't use restoration and destruction spells as we know it from single player TES, they are basically warriors and priests of Stendarr.

Source: 1 2 3
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is so strange not having a 1-hand and shield option for healing. I guess they think it would be OP but that would depend on how it was configured. Obviously, the level of mitigation of the current 1h and shield would be overpowered.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you mean "resto mace" as opposed to "resto staff"?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    While this could be some type of possibility if spellcrafting is implemented, it seems like a mace and shield templar would be your best bet for keeping a mace in hand and healing to a better degree.

Wearing chain-looking heavy armor, perhaps crafted with magicka cost reduction and/or promote magicka regeneration. In 1.6, there will be Vigor, a stamina based heal that your heavy mace attacks can help you maintain the resource.

You may be also able to break free of older concepts with dual maces, a two-handed hammer, or sword in hand.

p.s. you'll also want to find a group of players who may not care as much about optimal builds and more about enjoying the game as what and who they are.
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celless wrote: »
    While this could be some type of possibility if spellcrafting is implemented, it seems like a mace and shield templar would be your best bet for keeping a mace in hand and healing to a better degree.

Wearing chain-looking heavy armor, perhaps crafted with magicka cost reduction and/or promote magicka regeneration. In 1.6, there will be Vigor, a stamina based heal that your heavy mace attacks can help you maintain the resource.

You may be also able to break free of older concepts with dual maces, a two-handed hammer, or sword in hand.

p.s. you'll also want to find a group of players who may not care as much about optimal builds and more about enjoying the game as what and who they are.

I really like this idea B)
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Yes, resto mace.

Options