Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Sorcerers are a Joke

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
Class has not changed at all, Upgrades to pets wont do anything in group pvp winged twilights gets 1 shotted, clanfear is slow and wont survive anything that targets it. You literally have to spam Conjure ward to keep them up.

Oh yeah thanks for giving us a 1 sec cooldown on crit surge. Complete our nerf, you might as well remove our disintegrate chance completely, havent seen in proc once in PTS.
Zos is dumb.
Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on February 14, 2015 11:22AM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mad bro?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All jokes aside as a Templar I definitely feel with you. Give it time, @ZoS will wise up soon enough.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All jokes aside as a Templar I definitely feel with you. Give it time, @ZoS will wise up soon enough.

lololololololololol
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not nearly that bad!

Surge is, indeed, gutted (even in 1.61). The overall reduction in crit rate is one factor, but it's mostly the cooldown. A lot of our damage 'tics' simultaneously, so even a short cooldown has a large effect. Also, we tend to leave a lot of stuff with DoT's on it, and a tiny little burn tic can eat that Surge. So, Surge sucks now.

The Ward spells, however, are really quite good. You'll have to refresh them fairly often, but if you stack up on magic, they're beefy. Just be aware that, if they drop, you're incredibly squishy in light armor. It now mitigates like old pajamas.

If you like pets, pet specs do good DPS. If you don't like pets.. well, you may be out of luck, as nobody has found a good DPS spec that doesn't have three toggles, at least not yet ;) Get ready for two-button gameplay!

At least one of those buttons will probably be the new Crystal Fragments, which is a lot snappier now.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To look on the positive side It does seem that there is a good build for PvP... a slightly different style to live, but very strong in many ways as long as you know how to play it (&don't let your shields drop for even a second).

In end game PvE... yeah.... Sorc is still weaker than the other classes.... especially if you don't want to go down the 2 button/pet build route.
    Edited by Flaminir on February 8, 2015 2:21PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't have a problem with the sorc DPS in 1.6. You might have to spec a bit more into offense as previously, but the damage in the end is a lot higher. (Anybody below 30k HP (HP + shield) can be killed in <1s, as long as they have no reflects, which can be circumuvented by ava explosion + v. curse)
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    I personally don't have a problem with the sorc DPS in 1.6. You might have to spec a bit more into offense as previously, but the damage in the end is a lot higher. (Anybody below 30k HP (HP + shield) can be killed in <1s, as long as they have no reflects, which can be circumuvented by ava explosion + v. curse)

Sounds like you are talking about burst damage from a PvP perspective yes?

In which case I agree totally... its very good.

My real issue (& that of most) is that its a different story in PvE end game. Sustained DPS is very low and not competitive with the other classes.

A lot of people are missing this distinction in their posts... some saying Sorcs are great, others saying they are useless.... they are both right, but in different areas of the game, & its an important distinction to make....
    Edited by Flaminir on February 9, 2015 11:27AM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

Sounds like you are talking about burst damage from a PvP perspective yes?

In which case I agree totally... its very good.

My real issue (& that of most) is that its a different story in PvE end game. Sustained DPS is very low and not competitive with the other classes.

A lot of people are missing this distinction in their posts... some saying Sorcs are great, others saying they are useless.... they are both right, but in different areas of the game, & its an important distinction to make....

Yes, I was referring to PvP only, sorry for the confusion.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I you are so but hurt about the changes and lack of changes like I am, really you'll do more damage by unsubbing your account and complete the survey that they'll send and tell them why you unsubbed. Other then that your crying on these forums do little other then make you someone to laugh at.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not about doing 'damage'...

Its about constructive discussion to make the point to ZoS...

They don't always get it right (& very clearly haven't in this case!) But they often do listen & change some things!

I'd rather be part of the debate & try & be constructive to change things than just quit & walk away... if that's your style though then go ahead... & can I haz your stuff!? ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol... ok there was me trying to be constructive....

Goes and looks at new patch notes... crushing shock damage nerfed 10%!!!

Ok... I give up!

Nothing constructive to add about PvE magicka sorcs anymore... think that's it! Its pets or nothing people...

Looking on the plus side... I quite like the Templar changes... :p And a new main is always fun!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    I you are so but hurt about the changes and lack of changes like I am, really you'll do more damage by unsubbing your account and complete the survey that they'll send and tell them why you unsubbed. Other then that your crying on these forums do little other then make you someone to laugh at.
    leave cold harbour then i might care about your post.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count sorcerers out until 1.6 is live. But yes it seems like the combat lead designers really wants to force us into a specific playstyle by crippling our other abilities.
  • profilex511
    profilex511
    Soul Shriven
    Hello fellow ESO family.
    My Main toon Since Beta has a been a Dark Elf Sorc named Skullrow.
    I have Created many Different Sorc Builds from glass Cannons to Healing Tanks. My main toon is Sorc witch is a vr14 and he mainly Plays PVP his
    Attributes our as Fallows:
    Max Magicka 2955, Spell Damage 150, Spell Crit 47,
    Main Skills Destruction staff: Crushing Shock IV, Dark Magic: Crystal Frag IV
    Daedric Summoning: Volocious cures IV, Hardened Ward IV, Mages Guild: Inner Light IV. Armor: All light ,Armor Stats 981

CONS:
    He is Very Squishy and I have to Stack Shields or spam Hardened Ward to stay alive then bolt escape.Night Blade Stealth Attacks = instant Death
    Vampire line: Cloud Mist has been broken for a while the Immunity to Controlling effects for 4.0 sec doesn't work.

PROS:
    He hits Very Hard and Can Dish out some really good damage.

I know the Zenimax team works very hard to fix things in Game and add new content for all of us to enjoy. I also know they had to make changes to make thing fair for all classes and not have one class that can over power the rest.

So My advice to The Zenimax team is to Fix what needs to be Fixed.
    Heavy armor witch we all know looks beautiful but is broken.
    Light armor Doesn't need a fix because its light armor and
    has very good penetration and I die a lot.

Instead of a nurf to armor: nurf the stats :magicka, health,Stamina:
    If the system detects that a player has all light armor on and all Points in Max Magicka, You will then get a cap on that Attribute Max Magicka to balance the light Armor Passives and max magicka and will be forced to put attribute points into health or stamina instead.

PETS & PVP
    Pets are cool for PVE players that likes to run solo and quest to get that tank and off heals.
    In PVP you don't need that Tank and heals you need Damage and intimidation I never cared for the look of the pets anyway.

So my Advice is their Should be a PVP Summons line: Flame Atronach & Daedric lord and also if I'm in stealth they should be too until I'm not.

Thanks for taking the time and readying my Post

See you all in game

SKULLROW