Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

automatically locked back into the campaign?

Dru1076
Dru1076
✭✭✭✭
I am new to playing PVP, so I apologise if this seems like a stupid question...but I have to know. I'm in Ebonheart and I made my home campaign Chillrend only to discover it is totally dominated by Daggerfall. They have all the keeps and scrolls and all the bonuses. Thats fine.... They earn it. I figured I'd just let the 14 days pass and pick a more even campaign. That was something I was looking forward to doing today. Only , I log on and discover I'm automatically back in Chillrend for another 14 day round.

Why? I want to go somewhere else, but it would be incredibly hard for my low ranked character to get up 15000 points there...Which is why I decided to just wait. I understand being locked into a campaign for the duration, but why am stuck there still? If I wanted to stay there I could rejoin myself. This is very frustrating, because it makes no sense to me. I can see it being great fun once I build my character up, but right now all I can do is scouting missions.

So my question is, why can't players pick a different campaign after the time period is over? I guess there must be a reason...i just can't for the life work out what it could possibly be.
Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are at the campaign selection window, just pick a new campaign to "home" at. You will be given an option to pay AP to swap right then, or wait till the campaign to end. If you choose to wait, you will automatically be switch over to the new campaign when the original ends. You can also choose to "guest" a campaign to try out a different one, but the "guest" campaign will lock just like the "home campaign. Thirdly, if you are part of a guild or have a friends list with people in PVP, you can click on their name and use "port to friend" which will take you to the campaign they are in, as long as they are in the same alliance.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    When you are at the campaign selection window, just pick a new campaign to "home" at. You will be given an option to pay AP to swap right then, or wait till the campaign to end. If you choose to wait, you will automatically be switch over to the new campaign when the original ends.
    I didn't realise swapping at the end of the campaign was free... that's some useful information right there :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp