The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Killed alchemy

posilnahtorg
According to PTS potions bonuses don not stack with general buffs. Only tripots will have some point to use atm.
ZOS should fix it.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I'm often not finding any use for 2 out of the 3 buffs of my panacea of spell power. If left how it is, most of the alchemy herbs will pale in comparison to the ones used for tripots...
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This change may be directed to watering down the amount of skill and/or attention span required to play ESO. Another possibility is that they are making the change to soften the removal of soft caps. Yet another possibility is that they want to make alchemy unattractive enough that people just buy from the store (otherwise, why not just make the mats more available and the effects last longer?).

These types of changes usually mean a gaming company is willing to sacrifice it's existing player base in order to provide an easier system for a steady influx of new players, or to make more money in a cash shop. However, the existing player base in this case includes diehard elder scrolls fans that have supported them for years, in part due to the reputation they have built.

It's like a whole different company is working on this game now.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If reports of stealing using invisible pots turn out to be true, Invisibility potions might be in demand as part of the justice system. Not much help to player base in combat, but something to keep alchemists busy.

edit: just read in another thread that Invisibility is not working for stealing.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 1, 2015 11:17PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, easy come, easy go.
  • smassareub17_ESO
    smassareub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is NOT concerned about their existing player base. It is obvious to anyone that has played the game since it was launched. They consistently ignore the complaints and requests set before them. The update planned for March will totally change the game. Some will like it and some will not. In my opinion, the existing game would have been profitable had they listened to the player base in the first place and fixed the issues that were causing people to leave. Why they persist in being so stubborn about improving the game and so stingy with the quest loot drops is beyond me.
  • cravnbeer
    cravnbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I just have to wonder what is ZOS thought process.