The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Minor Ideas on crafting expantion: Metal, Wood, Cloth etc.

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Now this idea might be stupid to most of you but I want to hear what you think about this.

So when we eventually have player homes/guild homes in the game.

Should we be able to use the raw materials to craft furniture? (colors, size, etc)

Should we be able to enchant the furniture? (Enchanting the bed so that when you rest in it it gives a timed buff.)

crafting V-pet and mounts clothes/ armor (just for show, to discern from other peoples pets. Was there an elder scrolls with horse armor or something?)?

any other ideas or is this a dumb idea?

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should we be able to use the materials to craft? Sure why not, it could add a range of furnishing options, especially if we can craft furniture in racial styles, Breton Couch, Dunmer Bed, Nord Wall Hangings.

Should we be able to enchant the Furniture?
    No, our houses should be our cosmetic havens, but if we start adding enchants then they become mandatory, which ruins a great deal of the charm. I want my Home to be there because I want it, not so I can get a 5% buff to health or XP.

I would like chest-of-drawers and Weapon & Armour racks though, store stuff, and display nice but not needed gear.

We should also have the option to let other see our homes too, but make it so they can't touch anything, not even the plate of sweetrolls I leave out (Bwahaha)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we be able to use the materials to craft? Sure why not, it could add a range of furnishing options, especially if we can craft furniture in racial styles, Breton Couch, Dunmer Bed, Nord Wall Hangings.

No, our houses should be our cosmetic havens, but if we start adding enchants then they become mandatory, which ruins a great deal of the charm. I want my Home to be there because I want it, not so I can get a 5% buff to health or XP.

I would like chest-of-drawers and Weapon & Armour racks though, store stuff, and display nice but not needed gear.

We should also have the option to let other see our homes too, but make it so they can't touch anything, not even the plate of sweetrolls I leave out (Bwahaha)

I somewhat agree with you with the enchanting but I was thinking like one of those food buffs..that increase stamina points by 9 for 35 mins. Which can only be used once per day. Something very minor. I might have thrown the word buff a bit loosely as they have changed what it means in 1.6.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

I somewhat agree with you with the enchanting but I was thinking like one of those food buffs..that increase stamina points by 9 for 35 mins. Which can only be used once per day. Something very minor. I might have thrown the word buff a bit loosely as they have changed what it means in 1.6.

Ok, if it was comparable to food buffs (but obviously not a food buff) and we were limited to how often we could get it (say once or twice a day, to stop people overdoing it) then it could work.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlexDougherty‌

Although I read on google people say fishing is worthless, what do you think about using the crafting small boats (crafting it more will dictate how much fish can be held or something) and fishing rods (the better it is built the larger the fish it can handle) to fish out at large fishes further off the shore. Then turn them in for money or some type of contest?

Or should fishing just die off?
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with all your points. The best part about player housing would be to show other people, and have your own designated area to customize as much as you wish.
    @AlexDougherty‌

Although I read on google people say fishing is worthless, what do you think about using the crafting small boats (crafting it more will dictate how much fish can be held or something) and fishing rods (the better it is built the larger the fish it can handle) to fish out at large fishes further off the shore. Then turn them in for money or some type of contest?

Fishing is actually receiving a boost in 1.6, as you can skin the fish you reel up, for then to sell them at a higher price than before or use them in various recipes.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we should be able to craft basic furniture once there will be homes. I can easily see woodworking gain some new things to carve from dead trees... maybe some of the furniture might also require a bit of cloth or leather (beds, couches, etc)

No, the furniture should not give any special perks through enchantment, if anything, the apartment itself should offer those benefits.

Of course, lots of other furniture will likely come with archievements, much like dyes. Tropies and the like. Who wouldn't want to hang a beastie head on their wall now and then to show off their hunters prowess? Possibly also a picture to hang on your wall for completing a map/questline and stuff like that. And of course, some furniture might be dependent on your character and alliance. Guess we'll se, someday.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout
    Yes, we should be able to craft basic furniture once there will be homes. I can easily see woodworking gain some new things to carve from dead trees... maybe some of the furniture might also require a bit of cloth or leather (beds, couches, etc)

That's what I was thinking too. Should making the furniture be able to put up both wood working and cloth levels? Or should it be that we must have a certain level in order to make the furniture? or both? or neither?

Edited by LuxLunae on February 1, 2015 5:09AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling furniture will be more a Cash-shop type item. Hopefully we will buy the designs in the cash shop to make in-game.

One idea I thought was cool that you had @LuxLunae‌ is vanity pet "accessories" I would love to be able to outfit my Beta-Monkey!

funny-monkey.jpg

or my horse...
    6516476_f496.jpg
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty certain, horses like that will someday be possible. They are already starting selling special appereance mounts in the cash shop...

Although it certainly -would- be cool if your horse did not change its "gear" visuals with its stats, but had those seperate... stats, AND craftable horse equipment to give further bonus instead.
    Say, mount skill taking speed/stamina/capacity to 50, or 60, or whatever... and then you can choose to slap metal armor on your horse for extra attack protection, or you choose the cloth saddle bags for extra carrying capacity, or the light leather racing saddle for extra speed... independent from your horse color. And coming in different versions for different bonus size... different styles like all clothes... except its only one gear per horse. And you can switch that gear at your stable... mix amd match the gear and the horses you have for your desired look&stats...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty certain, horses like that will someday be possible. They are already starting selling special appereance mounts in the cash shop...

Although it certainly -would- be cool if your horse did not change its "gear" visuals with its stats, but had those seperate... stats, AND craftable horse equipment to give further bonus instead.
    Say, mount skill taking speed/stamina/capacity to 50, or 60, or whatever... and then you can choose to slap metal armor on your horse for extra attack protection, or you choose the cloth saddle bags for extra carrying capacity, or the light leather racing saddle for extra speed... independent from your horse color. And coming in different versions for different bonus size... different styles like all clothes... except its only one gear per horse. And you can switch that gear at your stable... mix amd match the gear and the horses you have for your desired look&stats...

I think you're onto something. By removing the stats from the mount they COULD let us outfit the mount to have the stats of that specific mount higher. Good idea!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AlexDougherty‌

Well they've said we will eventually be able to cook with the fish we catch, so I have hope for fishing still.

The problem with boats is they require extra coding, which would slow down the game, after all we would want them to bob and move at the proper speed (no speed boats). I personally think we have other games for that, fishing simulators for one, which do a better job than this game would, and give a better fishing experience.

Although I would like to see the fishing have more complexity, having to react to the fish, letting the line out a bit, etc.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlexDougherty‌

Would it be better if there was a small ship on the boat docks that can be rented that just warped into the middle of nowhere for that person? this way it won't have to process anything but the player and the boat.

Also would you like fishing to include [WASD] or just keep it simple as it is?

Like if the fishing pole moves left hit the A button to move it right and if the fish moves forward hit the S button to pull it back. Then tap the slash button to keep reeling it in. Or is that too much interaction?
    Edited by LuxLunae on February 1, 2015 12:30PM
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I have a feeling furniture will be more a Cash-shop type item. Hopefully we will buy the designs in the cash shop to make in-game.

One idea I thought was cool that you had @LuxLunae‌ is vanity pet "accessories" I would love to be able to outfit my Beta-Monkey!

funny-monkey.jpg

or my horse...
    6516476_f496.jpg

Yeah I wanted that too because when I was walking in game I thought that I had my monkey out. I was wondering why it wasn't following me anymore. I later found out that mine was lost somewhere in the world. Warping usually fixes that lol.
    Edited by LuxLunae on February 1, 2015 12:35PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, first off, Dunmer wall hangings would be much better than Nord ones.

Second, I would like to be able to mount my Longfin and display it to visitors to my home.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AlexDougherty‌

Would it be better if there was a small ship on the boat docks that can be rented that just warped into the middle of nowhere for that person? this way it won't have to process anything but the player and the boat.

If it was in a seperate fishing zone, the boat might work, the problem is that you would get a lot of people doing it, some would just want to sail, not fish, not sure how that would play out.

But you would get a lot of people doing it, which as the PVP crowd will tell can cause huge lag (although that may have been down to people crowding very close rather than just population).

It's a nice Idea, but I think the lag it might cause would put the Devs off.
    Also would you like fishing to include [WASD] or just keep it simple as it is?

Like if the fishing pole moves left hit the A button to move it right and if the fish moves forward hit the S button to pull it back. Then tap the slash button to keep reeling it in. Or is that too much interaction?

Something like that, you have a guage for the line strength, and you get move the rod left and right, and reel in the fish, or if it gets too strong let it out a bit to tire it out.

Something we can actually call fishing, not just press "E" when the float goes under. Mind you I appreciate this might cause lag too, and might be why they haven't done it, but if that's the case they should tell us so.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (apparently wanted:)
    Something we can actually call fishing, not just press "E" when the float goes under. Mind you I appreciate this might cause lag too, and might be why they haven't done it, but if that's the case they should tell us so.

In MY day we did fish that way. Bamboo poles and bobbers and all. Frankly if you want all that casting and reeling and such, go play Fallout or some higher tech game....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    (apparently wanted:)

In MY day we did fish that way. Bamboo poles and bobbers and all. Frankly if you want all that casting and reeling and such, go play Fallout or some higher tech game....

Or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    (wouldn't call it high tech, but that has that style of fishing)
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule