The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quick Question About The Factions

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
I started playing a few days back with my brother and rolled an Orc. My brother rolled a Nord. I wasn't too sure about which faction to pick and he wanted to go Ebonheart, so I just made that my faction so that we could play together.

But I just wondered... Will that mean I'll be fighting against Orcs at some point in the game (PvE mainly)? If so, I'll probably just have to re-roll as it sorta kills immersion for me fighting against my own race. I'm only level 8 anyway, so no big deal.

Oh and on that note, will I not be able to play alongside my brother who is gonna stay in his faction? If not, will we be able to meet up at all at some point?

Thanks guys.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will, yes.
    But if you intend to finish all the quest lines meaning all 3 factions you'll be fighting everyone no matter your faction.
    In the other 2 factions you pose as a double agent of sorts and are asked to carry out tasks for the factions your are fighting in Cyrodiil
    It's weird I know, but I wouldn't reroll because of it personally.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ... you would be using the pre-game any race in any faction version?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you will. Then you'll go to the Covenant to do Cadwell's Silver and fight against the Pact. Abandon faction loyalty while you're ahead.

If you and your brother play in different factions, you'll be able to meet only in Cyrodiil as enemies. I'd advise against rerolling. IMO in the long run it's more useful to play with your friends and family than stay loyal to a fictional race.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being Pact because, unlike DC or AD, you practically never have to fight against your fellow Pact once you start the Cadwell zones. The only time you do is in a side quest in an AD zone, but you can ignore that quest if you don't want to kill immersion and make up the XP by killing a few mobs. Not so for the other alliances.
    DC, you spend 3 zones fighting your fellow Covenant once you do the Cadwell EP zones (Bleakrock, Bal Foyen, Stonefalls), AD you fight fellow AD almost exclusively in Shadowfen in Cadwell EP.

If I ever make DC or AD alts, I won't be doing Cadwell's :P
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 1, 2015 10:57PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    Great, thanks a lot. I'll stay as EP!
    Options