Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help - DK pvp build

EölMPK
EölMPK
✭✭✭
Hello guys, I'm a new player, and I created a DK but I don't have a clue lol
I'm mainly a pvp player, that like to do some pve sometimes.
I use to prefer solo pvp or small group pvp, and I really need some help to find a build for my char.
I'm looking for a build that can do good damage in pvp, but that is not very glass cannon (something like a hybrid I guess, to provide a gameplay with some survival while beeing able to take down enemies).

Thank you very much!
Eöl[MPK]
PS4
Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
"In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
"

• tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you are below level 50, you'll be a snack in PvP no matter what build you choose. Some may be a little harder to crack, but those will be as painful to your foes as a wet noodle. That does not mean that you shouldn't visit Cyrodiil, just bear in mind that you're not really competitive there until you've reached the veteran ranks.

I'd suggest that you use the leveling proces to bring all armor classes to 50. Then, you can just play around with the different armor types and decide for the one that fits your style most. Likewise for the weapon. Also, remember to switch the class abilities that you've equipped. If you do so, you'll have a vast amount of skills to choose your build from once you hit level 50.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    tiamak wrote: »
    As long as you are below level 50, you'll be a snack in PvP no matter what build you choose. Some may be a little harder to crack, but those will be as painful to your foes as a wet noodle. That does not mean that you shouldn't visit Cyrodiil, just bear in mind that you're not really competitive there until you've reached the veteran ranks.

I'd suggest that you use the leveling proces to bring all armor classes to 50. Then, you can just play around with the different armor types and decide for the one that fits your style most. Likewise for the weapon. Also, remember to switch the class abilities that you've equipped. If you do so, you'll have a vast amount of skills to choose your build from once you hit level 50.

Hi, ty very much for your input!

Is there any website or something that I can look for some good builds in order to help me?

Best regards!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Rojnaar
    Rojnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the builds will be dependant on max level of the skills they employ. I agree with Tiamak that you focus on bringing skill levels to 50 before you try to settle on a specific build. When 1.6 goes live, most builds are going to be in the trashcan anyway, and we will all be adjusting.

I started lvl'ing with 2h, and used bow's once I had wpn swap available. Once all skills are maxed, go 1h/sh and destro staff, max those, continue.. For a final build, wait for 1.6 to come out and read up on the theorycrafting. You'll have all your skills maxed, and can adjust easily to try new things.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Rojnaar wrote: »
    Most of the builds will be dependant on max level of the skills they employ. I agree with Tiamak that you focus on bringing skill levels to 50 before you try to settle on a specific build. When 1.6 goes live, most builds are going to be in the trashcan anyway, and we will all be adjusting.

I started lvl'ing with 2h, and used bow's once I had wpn swap available. Once all skills are maxed, go 1h/sh and destro staff, max those, continue.. For a final build, wait for 1.6 to come out and read up on the theorycrafting. You'll have all your skills maxed, and can adjust easily to try new things.

Thanks! :)
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunge wrote: »
    I use to prefer solo pvp or small group pvp, and I really need some help to find a build for my char.
    I'm looking for a build that can do good damage in pvp, but that is not very glass cannon (something like a hybrid I guess, to provide a gameplay with some survival while beeing able to take down enemies).

Thank you very much!

Put this all in max rank perspective. DKs are the dominant class in PvP at the moment, but come 1.6 and with how OP templars are, that's besides the point...

Anyways, you can google "DK ESO PvP" and try to find Sypher's build which is the basis for DKs, though I personally wouldn't recommend his build because come 1.6, it's gonna hurt.

If you're going magicka, sword n board and Destro is nice, Resto is my preferred but with Sword/Board, destro you can deal some heavy single target and AoE damage. For set bonuses and jewelry, Seducer, Magnus, Warlock, all good choices, in PvP you want roughly 3k HP, 2.5k Magicka and 1.7k stamina, as a DK magicka build. Stam for blocking, rolling, and Invasion, magicka for everything else, and 3k HP for not dieing quickly.

If you're going to run a stamina build DK, Sword/Board and Bow work really nice together, with bow you can deal seriously hard hitting single target from ranged, then move in for the kill, and with one of the Unstable Flame morphs becoming stamina-based you can deal even more DoT damage with a stam Dk and not worry about blowing away your magic for healing.

Either way you go, having high health in PvP is a priority due to the massive burst damage you can take from gankers, as a DK, Green's Dragon Blood is also a massive priority, hell it isn't even a priority, it's required. With 1.6 so close I can't really tell you what to do as everything is changing real soon, but work with what you got, and remember, no matter how many times you die in PvP, take the information and learn from it. With my DK I used to suck, but with certain tiny adjustments to my skills and attributes, and learning how to conserve resources, I went from killing 2 people and dieing, to killing 10 and dieing, or just tanking indefinitely until I run out of stam or get feared. :mrgreen:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Thank you very much!

Put this all in max rank perspective. DKs are the dominant class in PvP at the moment, but come 1.6 and with how OP templars are, that's besides the point...

Anyways, you can google "DK ESO PvP" and try to find Sypher's build which is the basis for DKs, though I personally wouldn't recommend his build because come 1.6, it's gonna hurt.

If you're going magicka, sword n board and Destro is nice, Resto is my preferred but with Sword/Board, destro you can deal some heavy single target and AoE damage. For set bonuses and jewelry, Seducer, Magnus, Warlock, all good choices, in PvP you want roughly 3k HP, 2.5k Magicka and 1.7k stamina, as a DK magicka build. Stam for blocking, rolling, and Invasion, magicka for everything else, and 3k HP for not dieing quickly.

If you're going to run a stamina build DK, Sword/Board and Bow work really nice together, with bow you can deal seriously hard hitting single target from ranged, then move in for the kill, and with one of the Unstable Flame morphs becoming stamina-based you can deal even more DoT damage with a stam Dk and not worry about blowing away your magic for healing.

Either way you go, having high health in PvP is a priority due to the massive burst damage you can take from gankers, as a DK, Green's Dragon Blood is also a massive priority, hell it isn't even a priority, it's required. With 1.6 so close I can't really tell you what to do as everything is changing real soon, but work with what you got, and remember, no matter how many times you die in PvP, take the information and learn from it. With my DK I used to suck, but with certain tiny adjustments to my skills and attributes, and learning how to conserve resources, I went from killing 2 people and dieing, to killing 10 and dieing, or just tanking indefinitely until I run out of stam or get feared. :mrgreen:

Hey! Ty very much for your thoughts man, very helpful!
    Funny thing I was building my DK based exactly on the Sypher's build :)

I liked the concept of sword and board / resto staff. I was thinking about the 1.6 changes too, so for now I'm learning to play the game, studing the mechanics and having fun with the pve content. I will give a try to Cyrondill too, but I will really focus my theorycrafting efforts at 1.6!

Again, ty very much!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much!

I liked the concept of sword and board / resto staff. I was thinking about the 1.6 changes too, so for now I'm learning to play the game, studing the mechanics and having fun with the pve content. I will give a try to Cyrondill too, but I will really focus my theorycrafting efforts at 1.6!

Again, ty very much!

No problem man, hope I helped a bit ^_^
    Some of the best builds come from theorycrafting though, so don't get downed if things you test are bad, you learn more from losing than you do from winning.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

Thank you very much!

Again, ty very much!

No problem man, hope I helped a bit ^_^
    Some of the best builds come from theorycrafting though, so don't get downed if things you test are bad, you learn more from losing than you do from winning.

Yeah sure, theorycrafting is one of my favorite parts of mmo's :)
    I think I will never lose this lol

But I'm a father, work full time, and at this moment I cant spend much time on things that will change so soon, unfortunatelly. I'm really waiting for 1.6 to come as soon as possible!

Thanks again for your thoughts!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add "reflect" to your ability bar and you in god mode.

Anyone trying to go up against a DK in melee with out heals is dead.

You will be taken down by groups of 5 or more....
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    For 1.6 build, use a spell damage based set if you wanna stay magicka build :)
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, ty for the tips!

@Sav72‌ Reflect you said is the scale one?

@jbcrocks‌ Do you have a magicka build to share? For any version?

Thanks!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "