The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Springs cancelling out due to enviroment

jasonquigley646_ESO
I have noticed in many areas that the healing springs area will not cast because there may be rocks or other debris within the area you want to put the circle down. The most common area that I have been able to recreate this consistently is in Fungal Grotto where the second boss is (the room where you put the Goblins head on the spike when you kill him). This become problematic when the group is fighting the boss in that area and you need to target your spell there. If you place your healing springs circle in various positions on or close to the rocks in the center of the room it will result in either the inability to cast the spell altogether or a misfire of the spell and nothing happens.

I have seen this a lot in Craglorn as well...and it also involves the rocks.
Edited by jasonquigley646_ESO on January 22, 2015 7:06PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more than just Healing Springs. Most ground-targeted AoEs suffer this same problem recently.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    It's more than just Healing Springs. Most ground-targeted AoEs suffer this same problem recently.
    Yes, while you can summon arcane energies from the etherial planes, you evidently require a flat section of ground on which they land.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    Yes, while you can summon arcane energies from the etherial planes, you evidently require a flat section of ground on which they land.

Meet your eternal foe: A SMALL NATURAL ROCK FORMATION!
  • jasonquigley646_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can you please look into this, provide feedback, or direct this to someone to test this out please (if not already done so). Thanks
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is effecting more than just Healing Springs. I have noticed it with Luminous Shards and others in Craglorn. It is like they used the same parameters as they do with Siege Weapons in Cyrodiil. Not sure what the problem is, but it does make healing somewhat of a challenge. Maybe we all just need to spam BOL for the win? (Just kidding of course)
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I equally enjoy it when I'm in an elevated position, plant the visible AoE on the ground below and end up blinded as it forms at my feet instead...

It's any AoE.

Regarding siege, I also don't understand why I couldn't set my gear on a slight incline in order to achieve otherwise unachievable angles/elevations.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    This also happens when you trying to summon the ultimate atronach. It would be great if they could fix these aoe problems. It just does not just happen in craglorn but in other parts of Tamriel