Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 NB,,,stealth detection

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
I hope its a bug :)

I have notice that detection is way to easy, near towers I must be at least 50m if not more away from guards and I am detected, and seems takes a longer time to be hidden again,

other then that, I love the patch.
Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one else has noticed this?

Out of now where you lose hidden and detected.

Vamp/full leather and spec as high as I can,for stealth, and keep getting detected
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the mages in towers/castles have a stealth detect of over 600m plus, when I am out of there sight I get hidden again.
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have mighty magic! None can hide from their all-seeing gaze! Or something.
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes guards can see way too far. Been told to stay behind things so they cant see you but even hiding behind towers were there is no guards they still see you and attack. I was at a lumber mill near a tower started leave area towards a keep I was still in lumber mill at end of its area and mage guard from atop of keep was able to see me. Now that is some distance.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually think this is intended, as much as I hate it. This isn't new, as it's like this on Live (unless you mean to say that the already-huge detection range grew even larger). I personally believe it's so you can't sneak passed guards at keeps and gates, so that guards actually have meaning and purpose.

Personally, I think they should completely remove guard NPCs from anywhere aside from the faction Gates. <.<
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is also true of NPC's when you break into their Home. Dark Cloak is completely useless as they see right through it.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »
    I actually think this is intended, as much as I hate it. This isn't new, as it's like this on Live (unless you mean to say that the already-huge detection range grew even larger). I personally believe it's so you can't sneak passed guards at keeps and gates, so that guards actually have meaning and purpose.

And so that Nightblades aren't the only class people use in PvP maybe? It would be pretty fun to make an all-Nightblade squad, sneak into a keep, and take it from within! But I don't think that would work out too well, because class balance.
    Edited by Lynnessa on January 28, 2015 10:26PM
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On live server lets say Mage NPC on castle sees you at, say 50 to 80 meters away, on PTS its more like 500meters plus distance that you are detected.
    Edited by Sav72 on January 29, 2015 1:13AM
    Savoifair, EP NB

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    This is also true of NPC's when you break into their Home. Dark Cloak is completely useless as they see right through it.

Not true I have used it in the PTS and I have seen others use it and we are able to sneak past them by using shadow cloak..

you just have to have not been seen yet,

Once you are seen they are aware of you (Shadow Cloak will not work) and will call for the guards if you don't leave..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When one goes into the general area of a keep in PTS, they are forced out of stealth until they leave the area. Keep guards have nothing to do with it.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

Not true I have used it in the PTS and I have seen others use it and we are able to sneak past them by using shadow cloak..

you just have to have not been seen yet,

Once you are seen they are aware of you (Shadow Cloak will not work) and will call for the guards if you don't leave..
    Maybe it works for you but it's not working for me, even if my Hidden bar is completely flat and I use it to try and sneak past an NPC, like to go upstairs, the moment my cloaked character gets near them they turn around and say I'm in a restricted area or something to that effect. This is in 7/7 Medium armor with the passive and Wood Elf passive + 5pc Night Mother's Embrace + 3pc Nightshade + Vampire passive. I'm VERY good at Sneaking and Cloak is being seen through by NPC's when you are in their home on PTS. I have no problem with this, just reporting it as such.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    When one goes into the general area of a keep in PTS, they are forced out of stealth until they leave the area. Keep guards have nothing to do with it.

I presume that when near a keep DK's can't use GDB and Temp' cant use blazing shield and sorcs cant bolt escape then?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I tested it yesterday in PTS, it's even more broken than on live.

I didn't think it even possible to get more broken tbh...

Also, cloak is still breaking from pretty much everything.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

I presume that when near a keep DK's can't use GDB and Temp' cant use blazing shield and sorcs cant bolt escape then?

not that bad.

just for stealth
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 10:47PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now cloak for thieving in the cities is a little off as well. In restricted areas the NPCs see you while you are cloaked(in fact they see you when you are stealthed behind them:()

guards don't see thru ones cloak until that player is spotted, then its useless unless you are evading other stationary guards during the chase.
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 10:46PM