The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A new stamina based damage shield?

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I have discovered recently that sparks is getting replaced in 1.6, with an ability known as "blade cloak"

What I'm about to say is only speculation, but could this "blade cloak" be a new stamina based damage shield? or could it be something else?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    damage shield
    @DDuke will be thrilled. :#
    Wololo.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    damage shield
    @DDuke will be thrilled. :#

its only speculation. It could in reality be anything.

However, I am hoping its a new stamina based damage shield. It would help us DW players out a lot in survivability(not every DWer is an insta gank NB ya know:D)
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it seems everyone should spam dmg shields/heals in PvP, according to ZOS philosophy of making diverse & interesting gameplay.
    It is clear they are unable to design survivability & decent time-to-kill without making everyone a healer/shield spammer.

But I'm past the point of caring, this game has gone to *** anyhow.
    Edited by DDuke on January 24, 2015 11:05PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Because it seems everyone should spam dmg shields/heals in PvP, according to ZOS philosophy of making diverse & interesting gameplay.
    It is clear they are unable to design survivability & decent time-to-kill without making everyone a healer/shield spammer.

I would not spam it, I would only use it in serious emergencies.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I would not spam it, I would only use it in serious emergencies.

You would, because it has no cooldown (and you die from taking damage).

It's easy to say "I wouldn't spam it", but it's going to happen, depending on the combat situation.

Still, this is just speculation & the skill could be something entirely else.
    Yet, ZOS has a good track record of doing the total opposite of what I'm suggesting or expecting.
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at the Blade Cloak description in the PTS Patch Notes, but I'm not getting the feeling that it will be a damage shield. I'm reading it as an AoE damage reduction and less like a bubble / damage shield, but *should* do not nothing against single target attacks.

Sparks
    • This ability has been removed, and replaced with a new ability: Blade Cloak.
    • When activated, Blade Cloak reduces area of effect damage taken by the caster by 20% for 15 seconds. Whenever the caster takes area of effect damage, this ability will deal damage to all nearby enemies. Blade Cloak can only fire once every 2 seconds.
    • Quick Cloak (morph): This ability provides the buff Major Expedition for 5 seconds.
    • Deadly Cloak (morph): When cast, this ability allows you to throw a dagger that deals high damage. This ability can only be used once, and only within ten seconds of the cast.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is excellent news :)

Really looking forward to this ability, it looks interesting.

What kind of damage is the Deadly Cloak dealing, can it be activated from stealth?

I'd test it myself, but still downloading PTS :neutral_face:
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it deals decent damage last I checked.

I actually prefer quick cloak. its a great gap closer/escape tool.