The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weakening prison experience?

FallenProphet
Has anyone used this morph much that can speak towards the usefulness/extra damage granted by it in PVP? I know most people seem to discount rune prison all together but I feel like it must have some usefulness, at the very least in PVE being able to temporarily take one mob out of the fight for a brief period. But I'm mostly interested in PVP discussion.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It increase the spell damage of your next attack by 40, which means, your next attack can deal 120 more damage, unless your spell damage is not softcapped.

So it makes your next magical attack hit really really hard. But I don't see, why you would do that. Because rune prison has a 2 second casttime and would definately be bad for your DPS.

And for PvP: Forget it ! It is not going to work.
    They should make it so, that runic prison is not CC breakable. Otherwise, it will never be good in pvp.
    Edited by Dracane on January 26, 2015 1:09PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FallenProphet
    You make a valid point for DPS but I was thinking burst because it's easier to burst someone than DPS them down due to the sustain and self-healing people have a lot of times. It may be effective if the increased damage effect for next attack would last the entire duration even if they break the CC.