The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I believe I can fly..... but not after 1.6

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
They took away my leap :(

Why you do dis. :(
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sorc, don't have a DK... I think this is stupid. It was something that added a little variety to PvP. Kind of annoying all the QQ caused it to get nerfed.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i was really ok with dragon leaping into keeps. i had a problem with people nabbing scrolls in a non breached inner, but that was it. i mean they usually died or jumped back off anyway. it really wasnt a big deal
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Certain people were using it to Dragon Leap over closed Gates to steal Scrolls, so ZOS changed it.

I'd give you the name of the Guild in question (who were openly bragging about it on a thread I made before it was deleted, FYI), but it's naming and shaming.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 8:01PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure people got tired of DKs leaping behind closed gates and stealing scrolls
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I'm sure people got tired of DKs leaping behind closed gates and stealing scrolls

That, and leaping up unto keep walls, and also through the metal grate above the inner keep doors you pour oil through.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 8:49PM
    NA/PC server
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately a few exploiters ruined this for honest players.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think pointing out a flaw in a polite tone is bragging. If you recall also, dragonleap and DK were not the only ability and class that could get across.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only seen it on occasion but obviously the potential for large groups of DK's leaping over keep walls to take objectives in half the normal time was there.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was hilarious how those in question were trying to make us believe "No no, it's not an exploit, it hasn't been fixed, so it's not an exploit!"
    Then boom, 2 days after it's reported, fixed. Because it was indeed an exploit.
    Hell, ZOS deleted the thread because explaining how to get through a closed Gate without capping the keeps is explaining how to use an exploit. Which those who used it knew damn well.

It was also funny how they kept claiming "Well we reported it and it wasn't fixed, not our fault". How odd that when I report the exploit, it gets fixed 2 days later. Likely because they never actually reported it :wink:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 9:55PM
    NA/PC server
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont give a damn about scrolls, i just want to jump on that noob on the wall shooting at me and smack him around, make him aware of the danger
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain people were using it to Dragon Leap over closed Gates to steal Scrolls, so ZOS changed it.

I'd give you the name of the Guild in question (who were openly bragging about it on a thread I made before it was deleted, FYI), but it's naming and shaming.

Yeah try doing that and see what happens, then come back and tell me when you've figured out how to survive that instant 10K damage hit from "Gate of X" that hits you literally 2 seconds after you press R on any gate.
    Edited by Isbilen on January 27, 2015 10:01PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont give a damn about scrolls, i just want to jump on that noob on the wall shooting at me and smack him around, make him aware of the danger

Well, blame those who instead used it to get where they weren't supposed to go.
    Though to be fair, ZOS could've instead installed an insta-kill barrier above the Gates instead.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 10:00PM
    NA/PC server
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The comment about not being able to jump up keep walls was specifically placed in the section describing changes to the Ferocious leap morph(and not in the section describing changes to Take flight). I wonder if that means anything.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »

Yeah try doing that and see what happens, then come back and tell me when you've figured out how to survive that 10K hit from "Gate of X".

They DID survive it.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah try doing that and see what happens, then come back and tell me when you've figured out how to survive that 10K hit from "Gate of X".

Except that ability is cast by the Menders up there. If you kill them all simultaneously (as the exploiters in question explained in detail in their post), you don't die, or only 1-2 people do.
    Also according to them, if you're Emp and have the right buffs, you can just barely survive the attack. Or so they claim, that last one sounded fishy to me.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 10:04PM
    NA/PC server
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, blame those who instead used it to get where they weren't supposed to go.
    Though to be fair, ZOS could've instead installed an insta-kill barrier above the Gates instead.

They did though, havent you been reading the thread? Its been like that for months.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The comment about not being able to jump up keep walls was specifically placed in the section describing changes to the Ferocious leap morph(and not in the section describing changes to Take flight). I wonder if that means anything.

>______>

I shall look into this. Perhaps not all is lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43KirCJgrK0
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that ability is cast by the Menders up there. If you kill them all simultaneously (as the exploiters in question explained in detail in their post), you don't die, or only 1-2 people do.
    Also according to them, if you're Emp and have the right buffs, you can just barely survive the attack. Or so they claim, that last one sounded fishy to me.

Maybe they did it this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBOwDT0pNYk

And Zenimax don't worry, you already fixed this bug so no need to remove this post.
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    Imo dragon leap was the only bit of variety of fighting... some little bit of melee fights on the wall now there is no way for that anymore...
    I really hope they will add siege towers or ropes or stuff like that
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure they just fixed jumping in NPCs, trust in Zenimax that they were not able to fix jumping on players!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I too want you to still be able to do this.
    Lhorion wrote: »
    trust in Zenimax
    Thank you for this. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much before I even finished my coffee. You made my day.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb‌
    No problem, I hope you know I was joking and laughing about the same thing at the same time.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭

You really need to let this scenario go. You do realize this is just a game and no actual laws were broken or no harm to your family was taken, right?
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets all take a moment and give thanks to those DK's that selfishly abused this ability on scrolls and got it nerfed for everyone. May they stand among the same heroes that got chains nerfed and broken for us all.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was hilarious how those in question were trying to make us believe "No no, it's not an exploit, it hasn't been fixed, so it's not an exploit!"
    Hell, ZOS deleted the thread because explaining how to get through a closed Gate without capping the keeps is explaining how to use an exploit. Which those who used it knew damn well.

It was also funny how they kept claiming "Well we reported it and it wasn't fixed, not our fault". How odd that when I report the exploit, it gets fixed 2 days later. Likely because they never actually reported it :wink:

We talking about those AD guilds? lol
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosella -
    True, but not of this justifies exploits.

Edited by Columba on January 28, 2015 7:34PM
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already have enough incentive to leave the game, this is just one more.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »

You really need to let this scenario go. You do realize this is just a game and no actual laws were broken or no harm to your family was taken, right?

So I'm not allowed to be happy that an exploit was removed? But mooooommmm...:cry:
    Mainly because I love when people who are so smugly sure they're right are proven wrong. I wish I could have a picture of their faces when they find out it's been fixed :blush:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 28, 2015 8:04PM
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We talking about those AD guilds? lol

nQho558.gif
    NA/PC server
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugs or exploits are discovered through testing and reporting, which is what was done. You may not like the most recent party involved, but is it worth talking about so much?

From what I've seen discussed before, there have been (and probably will be) people abusing or messing with other abilities plenty and the abilities involved generally end up needing some adjustment.

I don't consider the recent events really worth so much angst, honestly. It's over, changed, done with, etc. The game will be quite different soon enough and we may see many more significant changes after that in the future.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax