The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Group PvP NB Tank skill help

Rologue
Rologue
✭✭✭
Hello! I am vet rank 14 NB tank. I have taken weeks to nearly perfect my skill bar, but 1 skill is glaring at me as a bad pick. Leeching Strikes. In theory, as a tank, it the negative effects it has on my damage would seem trivial, but I am finding my survivability drops significantly when it is activated. It might be good as a 2nd bar skill (activate only when i need) but it needs replaced on my main bar. So, I will give a list of what is on my main bar, and am asking for advice to replace this skill.

1. Peirce Armor
2. Sap Essence
3. Mass Hysteria
4. Sheilded Assault
5. ?

Any insite on this would be much appreciated! thanks
Guildmaster of Decimation Elite
"Take all that you can, and give nothing back!"
  • Suntzu1414
    unfortunately. a lot of skills choices, are situational (based on group / play style). Especially for NB

one suggestion, to replace LS. Is Equilibrium (balance morph).
    Quick/Dirty way of getting Magica (at the cost of health)

Kill Well
    St
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, not the best option for me - point is to keep health high using magica to do so ^^ thanks for the suggestion though =)
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rologue wrote: »
    Hello! I am vet rank 14 NB tank. I have taken weeks to nearly perfect my skill bar, but 1 skill is glaring at me as a bad pick. Leeching Strikes. In theory, as a tank, it the negative effects it has on my damage would seem trivial, but I am finding my survivability drops significantly when it is activated. It might be good as a 2nd bar skill (activate only when i need) but it needs replaced on my main bar. So, I will give a list of what is on my main bar, and am asking for advice to replace this skill.

1. Peirce Armor
    2. Sap Essence
    3. Mass Hysteria
    4. Sheilded Assault
    5. ?

Any insite on this would be much appreciated! thanks

dont use leeching strikes, you want siphoning strikes and you want this skill on both bars if your using 2 sets of 1 hand and shield. Its what i do as a Nightblade tank.
    Also dont forget a shield bash is an attack that can proc siphoning strikes. so as your magicka starts to get low and your ok on stamina, you can shield bash a few times to proc the siphoning strikes to grab some magicka and stamina back.

But this is what I do in PvE. The sap essence will do well with it as well. devouring Swarm ftw. Good Luck
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the morph tip, it did increase my survivability a little, but I'm still not sure it's what I'm looking for. Anyone else have any tips?
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    as said before may be it's wrong morph cause siphoning attacks morph with sap against several targets makes your sap spam almost endless as it proc chance for each target hit. More targets you hit - more magika/stamina/ulti you gain, more ulti you gain - more often can reuse bats/veil. More often reuse ulti - more target hit, - more target hit - more magika/stamina regeain.
    if you don't like to use any of siphoning strikes morph you can slot defencive posture morph (may be on reflect) for block cost bonus and spellcasters surprise.
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Does crit% effect the 10% procs, or is it random? Doesn't quite say in the tool tip.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter what attack (crit or not). When you hit target you have 10% chance to get 15% magika/stamina. If you hit 6 targets with sap you have 60% chance to get 15% of your magika/stamina pool and also you get 12ulti (via passive).
  • Suntzu1414
    It doesnt matter what attack (crit or not). When you hit target you have 10% chance to get 15% magika/stamina. If you hit 6 targets with sap you have 60% chance to get 15% of your magika/stamina pool and also you get 12ulti (via passive).

i don't believe the effect is cumulative. Each chance is 10%.
    Though it does increase probabilities.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thank you all for your help here. All get +1 insightful from me for the help. ;-)
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »

i don't believe the effect is cumulative. Each chance is 10%.
    Though it does increase probabilities.

Kill Well
    ST
    If one use of sap hits 1 target you have 10% to get magika/stamina on this one use. But if one use of sap hits 6 targets you have 10% to get magika/stamina for each hit so - 6*10% = 60% for one sap use.
    You can test it in craglorn trying sap spam on 1 target or on group of 6+. In first case you'll have your magika down very quickly, in second the group may die faster then you are shot of magika.