The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvE Trials - Help

eserras7b16_ESO
eserras7b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hi!

I would love a honest and acknowledged answer. Please answer if you know what you're talking about and if you're sure of the answer and the question is:

Do skills like: Low Lash, Uppercut (morph), Shades (from nightblades) affect bosses in Trials? Do they reduce the incoming damage of all damaging habilities by 15%? Do hardcore Trial guilds use those skills at all?

Thank you so much for the feedback in advance :)!
Eptackt - Argonian Templar
Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    They do, at least that is what i think lol, however Max damage reduction you can get is at 50% or 60% i think.
    Shades and low slashes do, not sure about uppercut morph.
    Edited by Alcast on January 13, 2015 4:51PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not very familiar with NBs but I havent seen two-handed in trails. Most NBs go destro of bow for dps. It might be useful to look at some NB trails builds because they can do very high dps when build and played right.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Uppercut doesn't as far as I know, since the attacker needs to be affected by the stun. Further, only 6 seconds is pretty low duration.

Low slash and NB shadows do reduce the damage, and is almost basic requirement in trials, just like Nova and VoB.
    Edited by Shinra on January 22, 2015 9:53AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the tank skill or the two hander skill but shades do work. Few groups use shades in trials though as the dps lost to switch bars to put them up is generally not seen as worthwhile on the particular mechanics of most particular fights. You might consider it on the hel-ra boss as people are spread out and that might be the ticket for keeping someone standing in red from dying. AA bosses shouldn't require it, stack and wack as fast as you can for those. As for Sanctum, I know groups have used shades in the past. My current raids generally do not. Perhaps it will be required for S.O. hard mode. Were still working on the speed and farming the dungeon before that.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I don't know about the tank skill or the two hander skill but shades do work. Few groups use shades in trials though as the dps lost to switch bars to put them up is generally not seen as worthwhile on the particular mechanics of most particular fights. You might consider it on the hel-ra boss as people are spread out and that might be the ticket for keeping someone standing in red from dying. AA bosses shouldn't require it, stack and wack as fast as you can for those. As for Sanctum, I know groups have used shades in the past. My current raids generally do not. Perhaps it will be required for S.O. hard mode. Were still working on the speed and farming the dungeon before that.

If you ask your leaders you would do me a favor, about the LOW LASH and the SHADOWS and confirm its effects, phergaps they know..!

(Or i could get an admin to answer me...)
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe most tanks use Deep Slash and Pierce Armor in trails.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, yes. If you do SO without Shades and Slash you are severely gimping yourself. Another tip I can give you is to use Corrosive Armor on extremely heavy damage phases such as 0% poison and mantikoras big stomps. With Nova, Crippling Slash, Shades and Corrosive you barely drop below 90% from the Mantis harder stomps.