The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Blood Knight - Templar Burst Stamina PvP Build

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is my latest and greatest Templar build for PvP!
If you guys are looking for a very mobile burst Templar game-play then this may just be for you :wink: .

http://youtu.be/e5rrj-T8ct8

All info about the build is in the Youtube video's description, I hope you guys enjoy!
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great vid. I agree also that sustain is better than super max damage, it's what I prefer.

Are you sure about that werewolf poison thing you mentioned? That's something I did not know.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Great build and gear setup, gonna try it out once i get my shadowwalker pieces, though kind of a pain in the ass to find them haha (I am still missing the Shadowwalker boots)

Just one question, you are using Willows path 5x. (4% spellcrit is useless)
    Why dont you use either

Oblivions Foe 4x (then you could add 1 other piece of the scourge harvester to get the beam and increased healing)
    or
    Orgnums Scales 5x

eso-set-bonus-crafting-stations-oblivions-foe.jpg
    eso-set-bonus-crafting-stations-orgnums-scale.jpg

and are you 100% sure that you do not take more dmg from poison dmg and fighters guild abilities while you are in human form? (Being a WW)
    Edited by Alcast on November 24, 2014 10:15AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are great choices instead of shadow walker, once they remove soft caps im def gonna run me some ognums :blush:

And yes im 100% (quote me on it) that you take no bonus poison damage while not a wolf. Did testing to make sure :smiley:
    Ebonheart Templar

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyable video mate. I really like how you have no "slow" skills on your bar like Uppercut or Snipe and the whole build is based around speed and mobility. Must be a great adrenaline rush when you're in combat.

I remember there used to be a few Sorc 2H builds that would Crit Rush into smb, Streak through to the other side then Crit Rush back. Kinda the same way you use Magnum Shot to set up the next Crit Rush.

Unfortunately the unbelievable sustain on Streak that Mage builds exhibited lead to the skill being nerfed to the point that a Stamina build with 1.5k magicka can only get 2 Streaks off before it runs low on magicka (3 at best) so that's no longer very reliable in combat.

How do you get on in duels with this build btw?
    EU | PC | AD
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done!
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnum shot+crit rush didnt feel smooth for me, so i didnt pursue the combination. I had thought about changing my templar to this build months ago, but rolled a DK instead because i felt the DK is better at bow/2h.

Comparing our builds.

1. Cleansing ritual Templars staple skill. Cleansing was what originally made me want to do bow/2h templar. Purge is there for me but i hardly need it in my loadout unless dueling.

2. Repentance versus dragonblood. I felt dragonblood solved my recovery issues without having to invest into stam recovery gear and its a strong heal. This helped me focus on damage sets, and i went with Torugs. My wpn power is in the 240's while sustaining 143 stam recovery.

4. Blazing shield versus Fragmented shield+Reflective scales. More utility possibly there than Bshield since Reflective can be used as a shield in a range battle,keeping you in a comfortable range fight until the swap to 2h.

4. Crescent sweep versus Magma Armor. The sweep has always been great burst for many different builds. I went Magma armor to relieve having to use immovable or evasion or any stamina based defensive skill for more focus on stam based offense and dodge.

5. Snipe. I dont feel any bow build should be without snipe. Its simply too good not to have. Like a templar without a bshield or a dk without dragonblood.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mzczgx9k8injX8uEI18uEA48innU8GRFv8Gsb48wABe8wACc8GsdD8wAEb8wAlB8LxRn8x7CLsfr6Lsff6Lsfw6rsfi8g7CLsXy6rsXt8l7xrzky6rzkg8B7GrzRf6rzsa6Lzsw8P7ardYw8Z7zznrJs8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I think your biggest weakness is that your venom injection is removing the disorient status when you magnum shot a target, eliminating any real stun in your loadout. A big reason why i dont use magnum with venom.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyable video mate. I really like how you have no "slow" skills on your bar like Uppercut or Snipe and the whole build is based around speed and mobility. Must be a great adrenaline rush when you're in combat.

I remember there used to be a few Sorc 2H builds that would Crit Rush into smb, Streak through to the other side then Crit Rush back. Kinda the same way you use Magnum Shot to set up the next Crit Rush.

Unfortunately the unbelievable sustain on Streak that Mage builds exhibited lead to the skill being nerfed to the point that a Stamina build with 1.5k magicka can only get 2 Streaks off before it runs low on magicka (3 at best) so that's no longer very reliable in combat.

How do you get on in duels with this build btw?

The build performs incredibly well in duels (in fact this build originated from a dueling build) I'm glad you enjoyed it :smile:
    Ebonheart Templar

• JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like your load out, I have actually been searching for some stamina based DK builds so its great to have yours as a good reference :smiley: And your right that a DK has tons of skills that's would greatly suit a stamina build and i think your dead on with how to execute it.

As for the use of snipe I think that's something that a DK is better suited to do with scales. Yes snipe would work very well with my build (you could stack it with crit rush so they both hit at the same time) but I really don't like charge casts so I just can't slot it :persevere: . And your right my venom injection does remove the magnum shot combo, unless I'm quick enough. Due to the DOT only ticking once every 2 seconds I usually have enough time to hit my opponent with crit rush before the dot ticks.
    Ebonheart Templar

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very informative and well done
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I need to try it again but last time I used the stamina cost reduction enchant on my jewelry I noticed it only reduced abilities by 11 points instead of 21. At least that's what the tool tip said on the stamina ability when I took off the ring with the enchant on it.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will reduce the cost of you abilities by only 11 because the cost reduction % is factored in after the flat 21 cost reduction. So if you have 40% reduced cost on a certain bow skill the math works like so:

With a starting cost of 300
    (300 - 21) x 0.6 = 167

Without - 21 enchant
    300 x 0.6 = 180

So a 13 difference in cost reduction, but for skills like dodge roll ect this will be a higher reduction because the % reduction is not as high.
    Edited by JackDaniell on November 24, 2014 11:10PM
    Ebonheart Templar

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will reduce the cost of you abilities by only 11 because the cost reduction % is factored in after the flat 21 cost reduction. So if you have 40% reduced cost on a certain bow skill the math works like so:

With a starting cost of 300
    (300 - 21) x 0.6 = 167

Without - 21 enchant
    300 x 0.6 = 180

So a 13 difference in cost reduction, but for skills like dodge roll ect this will be a higher reduction because the % reduction is not as high.

Precisely.

Basically if you're stacking % cost reduction on abilities of a certain resource (stamina or magicka), never put flat cost reduction glyphs for that same resource. It's a waste as you're getting hugely diminishing returns.

If you want more sustain on that same resource, you're better off using glyphs to push your regen, rather than adding flat cost reduction.

Only use flat cost reduction for thing you don't have a % reduction in the first place. For example if you're a hybrid build which uses medium armour, spell cost reduction rings are not a bad idea and vice versa.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    That pretty much what I saw when I tried it out last night. I did notice a difference but not much of one.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm this build seems to be really squishy, and because the only burst relies on having a huge gap its really situational (sustained dps is pretty subpar). It seems really bad vs heavy armor DKs who spam talons, block, and push melee well. Of course, that has been fotm since release for a reason :) I also just came back to the game and I suck, but the weapon switching in combat is just as clunky and unreliable as I remember from last year.
    Edited by McDoogs on January 27, 2015 12:03PM