The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Researching world drop sets

Sparky617
Sparky617
✭✭✭
I just had a thought that I felt like sharing...
It would be pretty cool if we could research world drop items so that we could craft them, but have them be bound to account so that you can't sell or trade them to anyone. That way you'd still have to actually find them to be able to craft them.... feels odd rockin' v1 warlock piece at v9 just for the set bonus...
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it stays BoA I'm 100% for this idea. I think that's how Research should've worked to begin with (set bonus wise). We find a chest with Death's Wind on it, we Research to be able to make a Chest with Death's Wind, now go find 4 more pcs to go along with that.
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    I like that idea, and feel the same about the mismatched level pieces you pick up. I think it would help add some depth to crafting.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds awesome! Although I gave your post an "Insightful" instead of an "Awesome" just to mix things up! :-)
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on January 26, 2015 3:15PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could be nice, but some how I doubt it will happen.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also be nice to make jewels, even if it's just using X-number of rings to forge into 1 set ring. Like the more traits required to craft the set, the more street rings you need to use etc. All those necklaces and rings we pick up could be doing us some good.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad that one of my ideas has come across positive.