Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Smarter NPC guards

Forestd16b14_ESO
Forestd16b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Making it short. Make the NPC guards who are suppost stand guard at keeps and defend them. Cause sure we all can agree that there kinda ...... stupid to the point were the walk on by player who are siegeing just cause there not on the dirt road. This would make the night capping problem little more bareable since the night cappers will have to fight NPCs who know what there doing instead of them just standing at the other end of the wall watching the wall fall down.
Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on January 27, 2015 12:48AM

Smarter NPC guards 33 votes

Make them smarter so they actually defend the keep when it's empty. ( and maybe smart enough to fix I-phones )
66%
SolarikenRana1014ItsMeTooTheLawRedTalonsigismondEtanielBleakravenPanda244riverdragon72Karamis_Vimardonvictorhrpereiraleeuxtplink3r1RoamingRiverElkFruitdogDisgracefulMindyiunkoKBKBJamilaRaj 22 votes
Keep them as there derpy muffin loveable selves.
33%
cozmon3c_ESOTeargrantsSvenjar.jan_emailb16_ESOHughezyVandrilThyIronFistsuycycoCodyGoldieRyuuhime 11 votes
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well they can already see me while I am invisible, thru walls and rocks, 100 miles away.
    They are fine as they are:/
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on Blackwater Blade, and hell no, please no even stronger/better NPCs.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I even vote, let me ask this question:

If players have trouble with fighting NPCs when a keep is undefended,
    how will they get anything done when it's defended by both NPCs AND players?

It should be easy to take an undefended keep.
    However, I believe that NPCs should be able to work with real defenders.
    For example, have an x% chance to activate a player synergy in the absence of other real players.
    That would be cool, eh?
    Edited by Terminus on January 27, 2015 1:03AM
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them smarter so they actually defend the keep when it's empty. ( and maybe smart enough to fix I-phones )
    OHai gais just defending the main door owut both the postern doors are down?! Oits cool I'll check it out when my shift at the main door is over and the guy patrolling the non broken wall relieves me.

It's silly just sayin
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »

For example, have an x% chance to activate a player synergy in the absence of other real players.
    That would be cool, eh?

Sometimes guards are tougher than players... I think of buffs to guards when keep is undefended, but when defenders are inside guards are coming to normal state.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    Terminus wrote: »

That would be cool, eh?

Sometimes guards are tougher than players... I think of buffs to guards when keep is undefended, but when defenders are inside guards are coming to normal state.

Yea that's my point so night caping and zerg groups would have to work for the keeps instead of just killing a few guards. Like whats the point of putting guards litteraly at every conor of the keep if you only fight a few. Like if there's say less than 4 players in a keep the guards are smarter but 5 or more there at there current derp state.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on January 27, 2015 2:16AM
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Well they can already see me while I am invisible, thru walls and rocks, 100 miles away.
    That's the sticky in combat issue also I sorta get tower guards breaking stealth
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    That's the sticky in combat issue also I sorta get tower guards breaking stealth

The guards should not see me when I run halfway to a different keep.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I-phone comment made me laugh!
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, make them smarter, but let's get rid of some! There are WAY too many NPC's in Cyrodiil to the point of major annoyance. Removing some might even boost performance...

I also think that you should be able to sneak up on them. Currently they can see you from a mile away.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If guards are a problem you kill them first, don't see how that would change anything about nightcapping.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine what this would mean for the non-vet campaign? The VR5 NPCs are strong enough as they are, making them actually "intelligent" would make even sieging a hard task.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

The guards should not see me when I run halfway to a different keep.

That's the stuck in combat bug bro I really doubt that's intended, then again we are dealing with zos...

• Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even get me started about the Off Phase Guards... What a disaster...
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »

When I enter Cyrodiil 3 a.m. with a group of maybe 12 players who are all from Europe as well and start taking emp keeps, how is that not nightcapping?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less PvE in PvP please.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Sure, make them smarter, but let's get rid of some! There are WAY too many NPC's in Cyrodiil to the point of major annoyance. Removing some might even boost performance...

I also think that you should be able to sneak up on them. Currently they can see you from a mile away.

I agree with this. If they were made "smarter" it would make up for the need to have so many; therefore, ZoS could get rid of some and maybe improve the lag a bit.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    I am playing on Blackwater Blade, and hell no, please no even stronger/better NPCs.

I had a good laugh at this. I started playing on Blackwater on my baby sorc, and omg those NPCs LOL. At this Chalman siege someone agro'd all the damn guards and they wiped the entire group. Definitely had a good lol at that. They should make the BWB guards level 50...like seriously.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heloo Mr. Guards, do you mind if I set up this wagon full of seej 20 feet from you and hurl them over your heads? I guess not.
    Meh...**** it..