The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abilities that can't be blocked/reflected (list them here!)

Kevingway
Kevingway
✭✭✭
So as the title says, I'm looking to compile a list of all abilities that can't be blocked or reflected by DKs, Templars, etc. I know of some that work on one and not the other, and with the AoE spell blocking nerf, it's going to get more confusing in 1.6. But, currently, what's the system look like?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If there are any unblockable attacks that don't 1-3 shot people, leave them unblockable. Don't make the perma blocking cowards' life too easy:D
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abilities that can't be blocked and abilities that can't be reflected, or abilities that can't be either?

I'm pretty sure magicka aoes can be blocked now.

Well, bleeds (if you can sneak that through his/her block) does full damage amount regardless of blocking.
    Siege weapons always hit full force.

Actual Abilities
    Not reflectable (sorcerer's what I play)
    Daedric curse, mages fury, lightning staff heavy attacks, restoration staff heavy attacks,
    Sorcerers disintegrate passive.
    That's all we have access to.

Used lightning flood to help widdle down tanks but I haven't been magicka based in a while and again I think regular magicka aoes can be blocked now.
    Edited by NotSo on January 24, 2015 9:42AM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Kevingway
    Kevingway
    ✭✭✭
    They're two separate lists. :) If they can be combined, that'd be great, though. For example, can Daedric Curse be blocked? I imagine the DoT would just not be activated... which makes me sad. Cool that it can't be reflected, though.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kevingway wrote: »
    They're two separate lists. :) If they can be combined, that'd be great, though. For example, can Daedric Curse be blocked? I imagine the DoT would just not be activated... which makes me sad. Cool that it can't be reflected, though.

its pretty much the only thing my sorc has access to fight RS using DKs:/
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    They making almost everything blockable. Block will be dropped because all stamina will be drained in about 15 seconds so it will make blocking useless. This does away with block casting because blocking all the aoes will wipe out stamina super fast. No stamina no block.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    They making almost everything blockable. Block will be dropped because all stamina will be drained in about 15 seconds so it will make blocking useless. This does away with block casting because blocking all the aoes will wipe out stamina super fast. No stamina no block.

good point.

lets hope this is what happens.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what have been mentioned so far for Sorcerer:

The storm atronach attacks can't be blocked. Winged twilight can't be blocked, Volatile Familiar can't be blocked. Daedric mines, shattering prison, bolt escape, overload heavy attack.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

The storm atronach attacks can't be blocked. Winged twilight can't be blocked, Volatile Familiar can't be blocked. Daedric mines, shattering prison, bolt escape, overload heavy attack.

bolt escape can be blocked. I have done so many times.

One just has to react quick enough, which is the hard part.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

bolt escape can be blocked. I have done so many times.

One just has to react quick enough, which is the hard part.

The cc can be blocked, but not the dmg.

PC EU
    PvP only