The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Faction and spec distribution?

slowpoke68
Hello all, just bought the game and have been fooling around with the character generator.

Have googled this topic, but not sure how up to date the info is.

From what I have read the factions on the US server are fairly well balanced?

Also I gather there are an abundance of DK's. Just wondering what specs you see less of? Hate playing OP/FOTM type roles/classes.

Thanks...seems I have a lot to learn about the mechanics in this game!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 4-5 PvP campaigns currently. It really depends on which campaign you enter for the amount of each faction present. As a whole however it is not balanced. Generally 2 campaigns are entirely controlled by EP, another entirely by DC. The other two, well, AD sometimes controls 1, but more often than not EP and DC are teaming up on AD in those campaigns.

Currently EP has the most PvP players and is the most organized, DC follows and finally AD in last. The new norm is that EP and DC attack AD together first and only after they have effectively doubled teamed them into submission do they actually fight each other.

DK are OP. They have been and more than likely will continue to be. In PvP the sword and board DK tanks are so OP that they often require 10-15 players to kill just one. They can perma stun you with endless hard CCs as well.

Lethal Arrow NBs and negate monkey sorcs are everywhere as well.

PvE is whole other ball game.

EDIT: I suggest figuring out if you want to best in class for endgame or if you don't care. If you do then you'll want a DK or NB. If you don't care then SC or TP is ok. *Templar is best healers

Also will you be doing mostly PvP or PvE? the answer to that makes a big difference in the types of builds.
    Edited by Cuyler on January 23, 2015 8:20PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • slowpoke68
    Thanks much for the reply. I guess i will focus mainly on pvp for endgame. Right now I am torn between playing a snb character and an archer/dw.

Have a Redguard/Templar and a Bosmer NB that I have been fooling around with.

Always love my snb characters and like that there is an active block mechanic.

On the other hand, like the idea of being a stealthy archer/fighter type...to try something different.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if it's pvp you are interested in, there is a shortage of pure support builds. I'm leveling up a templar to work as a walking resource fountain for friendlies. It should also function well as a damage sponge by simply getting in the way of targeting and activating defensive posture (sword/shield skill) to reflect magic.
    Edited by NotSo on January 24, 2015 12:33PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • slowpoke68
    NotSo wrote: »
    Well if it's pvp you are interested in, there is a shortage of pure support builds. I'm leveling up a templar to work as a walking resource fountain for friendlies. It should also function well as a damage sponge by simply getting in the way of targeting and activating defensive posture (sword/shield skill) to reflect magic.

When you say support build, do you mean healing..or are there a lot of other support abilities in this game?

I enjoy playing support toons, but they are so rare these days in mmos.

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are other support skills, buffs and debuffs/CC, which make more sense or have more value when you play in a group. Some are class skills, some are generic and thus accessible to everyone, like alliance war and undanted skill lines.

Btw, abundance of DKs is bit deceptive, because vast majority of them play basically one build. I can't say I have ever seen support DK, other than I think DK healer in ESO live where they demonstrated Dragonstar Arena.