Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Liberation of 'buff severs' Farce or Real?

Xexpo
Xexpo
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's start with a current and quick recap.

Haderus: Where this all started right? Well, each alliance has their own scrolls, so that's something.
Red currently has Emp though, and the scoreboards reads of EP domination. I also heard they only allow dethroning for selfish purposes but, I try not to believe such things.

Chillrend: Currently in a cycle of unscrupulous night capping by all three alliances. Not sure if that qualifies as liberation but, it does qualify as a behavior and mentality just as bad, if not worse, than 'buff servers'.
Also, if someone were to say chillrend is nothing more than Emp farming atm, it would be difficult to argue against them.
It is unusual that every time an emperor is crowned it's a brand new player. But like I said before, I try not to believe such things.

Azura's Star: EP owns every piece of real estate and all the scrolls. Seems like a buff server to me, although I have been wrong before.

and just for the sake of scope and measure, let's include the other two campaigns

Thornblade: EP has all scrolls, emp, and dominant point lead.

Blackwater Blade: Typically AD dominated. They have emp and point lead but each alliance has their scrolls.

Upon review, I don't see liberation as much as I see EP zerg-rolling all over the place. (Nothing personal, just calling it like it looks to me.)
Sprinkled with some questionable acts of possible "emperor farming" by all alliances.

So, what is the future of Operation Liberation ?
What precisely about the current state of affairs is good for pvp?
Or ...is it all a farce so pvp guilds (and friends) can farm AP and Emp off the pve masses ?

Let's discuss, squash rumors, and try to forget how cool Dawnbreaker was.

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend is coming off more and more has an emp swiping sever in the end.

But basically when AD had the originally lead, they would zerg roll every server out of boredom and "looking" for fights in a lot of cases, a few good ones really wanted fights but zergs always follow anyone who is leading, some of the AD people switched to EP and so did a lot of the zergers so things just switched on who is doing what

Its not so much liberating its looking for new things to do
    Edited by RedTalon on January 24, 2015 7:53PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point, and victory, is the constantly changing landscape

No longer can you log in at any given time and be guaranteed for months on end that your home campaign will be painted all your color of choice.

Just yesterday Azuras was 100 percent yellow.
    Just yesterday Haderus was split 50/50 blue/yellow
    Two days ago Chillrend was almost entirely red for nearly the whole day.

The point was never to take over, has never been to occupy forever. The movement doesnt have enough coverage to shut down everything all of the time. What it can do is stir it up and cause chaos, chaos that cant simply be stopped by logging in for a couple hours prior to a Sanctum or DSAV run.

The point is to get the PvE crowd to either come actually PvP regularly and earn their buffs legitimately, or to simply leave Cyrodiil to the people that actually use it the most.

A side effect is to cause campaigns to become competitive again, which for me is the ultimate goal as Lagblade is 9/10 times a no-go due to poplock or performance issues at any given time of day.

It will continue to happen. Quite honestly the allure of smashing trash talking PvE players into next week is too much to look away from (if you saw the thread made by the yellow player regarding taking over azuras as revenge for haderus with "3 500 man guilds" youd understand why this is so delicious)

I said it when PvP buffs stopped being cross campaign - no one but PvE-centric players (which have far less skill and dedication to PvP than a hardcore group of PvP players) will even care about their buff server. All it takes is one medium sized (16-20 man group) organized force of PvP vets to turn a PvE buff server on its head.

But it takes 100 PvE players to take it back.

War of attrition, and we are winning as they slowly surrender. It already happened on Haderus. Its starting to happen on Chillrend. it will also happen on Azuras.
    Edited by Rylana on January 24, 2015 7:58PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where's the Covenant?
    This is very sad for PVE players, because the alliances with the most members will still be able to have buff servers and their PVEers will be more effective in all competitive content. Goodbye faction balance.
    Wololo.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also as an aside, while EP is the dominant driving force behind the liberation, whereas AD is mostly the faction "reacting" one guild I am part of did actively seek to undermine the repaint of Azuras to red yesterday by trying to give blue back its scroll and refusing to push south of Roebeck/Alessia.

Our goal was to take the ring, the two red scrolls, and stop. But the red natives decided to take that opportunity on a demoralized AD to try to reclaim the buff server. We turned on our own and caused even more chaos.

So remember this isnt faction specific.
    Edited by Rylana on January 24, 2015 8:05PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagsploitation has made Thorneblade an EP buff server.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Where's the Covenant?
    This is very sad for PVE players, because the alliances with the most members will still be able to have buff servers and their PVEers will be more effective in all competitive content. Goodbye faction balance.

Whats actually funny is that Chillrend (the blue buff server) is by far the hardest to crack. Those blues got good because that was actually the campaign targeted first over a period of several months. Anyone remember the great Hovaling depose that took 12 minutes? AD has been regularly attacking Chill ever since (and even a little before that to test waters). Now EP has also shown up.

Their PvE crowd learned to PvP pretty effectively, and have a lot of dedication, but the old grizzled central group within is probably tired and taking breaks, I dont see them as often.

The ones that are showing up to take their places are obviously less experienced and more prone to try to use infinite numbers strategies (even camps) to retake objectives.

Chillrends resolve is starting to break down finally, but they by far have put up the most satisfying fight.
    Edited by Rylana on January 24, 2015 8:13PM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana, no pvper wants to compete in a campaign that crowns 5 emps a day. These 'efforts' are annoying massive amounts of the people you depend on to be your enemies. It's nice that people want to do something about buff servers, but when those actions create something even more toxic to the community, you know you are the cause... right? I'm not saying you personally, but this 'movement' is doing more harm than good. Great timing too, right when people are disappointed about the game going b2p and contemplating leaving, let's cause "chaos" in the one part of this game that keeps a lot of players playing.
    [DC/NA]
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Rylana, no pvper wants to compete in a campaign that crowns 5 emps a day. These 'efforts' are annoying massive amounts of the people you depend on to be your enemies. It's nice that people want to do something about buff servers, but when those actions create something even more toxic to the community, you know you are the cause... right? I'm not saying you personally, but this 'movement' is doing more harm than good. Great timing too, right when people are disappointed about the game going b2p and contemplating leaving, let's cause "chaos" in the one part of this game that keeps a lot of players playing.

For me its not a new concept, you gotta understand. I normally play underdog on the buff campaigns with whatever toon I am on at the time. Play a lot more Chilrend as AD than anything.

It just so happened the same movement I have tried to get going behind the scenes for the last four months finally started picking up steam without any influence of mine. I just took the opportunity to join in the festivities, as you will.

We did get a lot of blue people on Chill to start PvPing regularly. As far as right now? Hard to say, but its nothing new with me personally.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put it simply, Blue and Yellow are trying to avoid the massive red zergs. When we switch to other campaigns, the full red zerg doesn't follow and we wreck them.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    To put it simply, Blue and Yellow are trying to avoid the massive red zergs. When we switch to other campaigns, the full red zerg doesn't follow and we wreck them.
    Without the lagsploit crew, they get wrecked.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is some really cuckoo snip
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not really considered that pov, thx
    Rylana wrote: »
    :snip:...Just yesterday Azuras was 100 percent yellow.
    Two days ago Chillrend was almost entirely red for nearly the whole day
    That didn't last long though, right?
    ... EP is the dominant driving force behind the liberation :snip:
    And they seem content relentlessly zerging everything to pieces (see recent state of campaigns in the OP) why is that/ and why do you support it?
    Columba wrote: »
    you are consistent if nothing else

As now an impartial observer who doesn't gas anymore. At what time is the "point" proven?
    I mean it seems obvious to me that all three Alliances are more than willing to fight for a home server.
    But how many nightcaps non- NA primetime map and Emp flips must be endured?
    When does it end? Could it ever really end? Are there enough players still willing to pvp for it to matter anymore?

Or has the jerk reached full circle? and no one is left to hear the fap

Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    I had not really considered that pov, thx
    :snip:...Just yesterday Azuras was 100 percent yellow.
    Two days ago Chillrend was almost entirely red for nearly the whole day
    That didn't last long though, right?
    ... EP is the dominant driving force behind the liberation :snip:
    And they seem content relentlessly zerging everything to pieces (see recent state of campaigns in the OP) why is that/ and why do you support it?
    you are consistent if nothing else

As now an impartial observer who doesn't gas anymore. At what time is the "point" proven?
    I mean it seems obvious to me that all three Alliances are more than willing to fight for a home server.
    But how many nightcaps non- NA primetime map and Emp flips must be endured?
    When does it end? Could it ever really end? Are there enough players still willing to pvp for it to matter anymore?

Or has the jerk reached full circle? and no one is left to hear the fap

It's reached full circle for me . Rejoined my old guild on TOR . We can actually see each other's quests there lol . While it's not sandbox , at least the fights are even numbered if not even geared . But I can deal with that aspect an regrind the new gear . Here it's a joke at this point . Like I said , it's TSW all over again . That games pvp died a long time ago and all the Zerg chimps said it wouldn't . I hit the forums there once in a while just to ask if anyone came back . Answers always no . It's a great Pve game though lol
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Chillrend has been "liberated." Now DC's PvErs have a reason to PvP and hopefully we'll be able to turn it into a regular thing where we actually have a decent population. I know that a few DC PvE guilds put a ton of pressure on MO to hold emp in Chillrend, but in my opinion, you are not entitled to those buffs unless you are prepared to work for them. You don't need buffs to do PvE, you just need to adjust your playstyle. Embrace the challenge.

Fighting the EP Zerg is certainly frustrating, but I'm less concerned with them and more concerned with the fact that DC has a ton of really solid players who refuse to PvP because they got tired of fighting in a broken Cyrodiil.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of Thorn small scale pvp happens. This and numerous other reasons make players to seek pvp in different servers. Even if this isn´t liberation in its true sense of getting rid of "Buff Servers" it offers momentary fun. Of course, the faction with most players will retake everything. It doesn´t end players of coming back.

Thorn is in its best a good place but lag and athmosphere there can be depressing. It should be stressed that none is obliged to keep buffs. Everything and all we have can be taken away. It is part of the game. That alone shouldn´t drive anyone mad. Enjoy of good fights.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tired of this ***. I move servers to get away from the ep blob ***holes and everything I go to is all red. **** you guys.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on January 24, 2015 10:02PM
    Meh...**** it..
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tired of this ***. I move servers to get away from the ep blob ***holes and everything I go to is all red. **** you guys.
    LOL. Totally agree. The lag crew is infesting every server.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One is far less likely going to have PvP buffs for months on end just by homing the campaign and never setting foot in it.

I say that's progress at least.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    One is far less likely going to have PvP buffs for months on end just by homing the campaign and never setting foot in it.

I say that's progress at least.

Indeed, it is progress. We are fighting on all fronts, against groups of reds, blues, and yellows who wish to keep PvP servers for their PvE desires. But now we have made some advances. Continue the fight! Onward to a world without buff servers!
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive seen you on every fourm post about EP you say "lagsploitation" as it is suppose to be indented? You really don't understand the concept that when EP lag's you, it lags us to.(And Not On Purpose) Most of the time's Ill be running in a group of 12+ and we won't have any serious lag unless we get close AD. But to be quite fair towards EP this last couple of day's on Thornblade mostly yesterday and today I have seen influx of DC players that seem to be from another server that in my view and your quotes are "lagsploiting" just today we defended chalman against im going to guess triple EP's numbers? and they lost the battle. it was a 4k D-tick and was super choppy from the pure numbers of DC there. So please understand your mindset and your ideology is flawed.
    + GG yesterday you tried to snip me but flappy wing's saved me.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »

Ive seen you on every fourm post about EP you say "lagsploitation" as it is suppose to be indented? You really don't understand the concept that when EP lag's you, it lags us to.(And Not On Purpose) Most of the time's Ill be running in a group of 12+ and we won't have any serious lag unless we get close AD. But to be quite fair towards EP this last couple of day's on Thornblade mostly yesterday and today I have seen influx of DC players that seem to be from another server that in my view and your quotes are "lagsploiting" just today we defended chalman against im going to guess triple EP's numbers? and they lost the battle. it was a 4k D-tick and was super choppy from the pure numbers of DC there. So please understand your mindset and your ideology is flawed.
    + so that explains the full group of lowbie players outside the fight spamming aoes?

Don't make me laugh. EP is never outnumbered on Thorneblade. hahahah lol

Edited by Columba on January 25, 2015 3:15AM
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+ so that explains the full group of lowbie players outside the fight spamming aoes?

1. Im v14 friend so Not lowbie
    2. we were out numbered fighting AD and DC at the same time, takes a lot of coordination between guilds so maybe we had30 people at chal when you have maybe your whole server?
    Edited by sirston on January 25, 2015 7:21AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually made popcorn before reading this:D
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Im v14 friend so Not lobbie
    2. we were out numbered fighting AD and DC at the same time, takes a lot of coordination between guilds so maybe we had30 people at chal when you have maybe your whole server?

umm, inaccurate to say the least.

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems that you never have DC attack a single AD keep so Thats what ep views it as.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    lol - the supposed EP zerg on Chillrend is usually described as 16 people from m4d + a couple of pugs vs 3 bars of DC.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol - the supposed EP zerg on Chillrend is usually described as 16 people from m4d + a couple of pugs vs 3 bars of DC.
    I am going to assume you mean the supposed EP zerg is mistaken for a 16 man group+ pugs on Chillrend.
    Neat. Seems legit.

Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Im v14 friend so Not lobbie

what's a lobbie?
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »

Azura's Star: EP owns every piece of real estate and all the scrolls. Seems like a buff server to me, although I have been wrong before.

Check it now... and check the score.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hail Lord Zazeer! Liberator of buff servers!