The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"Tab-targeting/stealth" is broken.

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this has been brought up. But when a enemy player has your character "tab-targeted" whereas he's pressed tab to highlight your character in a white box, even if you break line of sight, AND are a great distance away, you cannot return to "Hidden". This also includes players you have killed (until they respawn). Please fix this.

If I manage to break Line of Sight, I should be able to go back into a "hidden" state in roughly 5 seconds.
Edited by bg22 on May 20, 2014 4:53PM
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If I manage to break Line of Sight, I should instantly be able to go back into a "hidden" state"

^^^ Yes or at the very least enable a 5-10 second timer that requires the line of site to be broken for that length of time in order to be hidden again.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will edit my OP to say 5 seconds. Because that seems fair, in my opinion.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that this is reasonable. +1
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, didnt knew - Id be sure to use that against the next nb who thinks he can get away!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Nonamesbutmineub17_ESO
    Yes, I also see it work versus the NB invisibility skill. needs to be fixed
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against this unless the current stealth system is changed.

There is no way I should have to be within 3 meters of a stealthed character in order to see them. Sure you may be crouching, but in a completely open area with no obstructions, I should be able to see you if you are standing right in front of me. Also, if I attack you, and you run away with me chasing right behind you, you should not be able to crouch and turn invisible when you are literally right in front of me. It is complete crap and immersion breaking. Fix this, and then I will be able to live with the tab target thing going away from stealthed players.
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    The current stealth system doesn't need to be changed, it's already one of the tamest stealth systems an MMO has offered. Realism doesn't have a whole lot of merit.

Also magelight, if you've really got a problem with seeing stealthers. It sees things that you can't ordinarily see.

And...also invisibility. It's not stealth, it's outright invisibility. A genuine, honest to goodness invisibility spell making people invisible in a game with the existence of magic shouldn't exactly be immersion breaking. Cover is not a factor in this, and yet the NB remains targeted. To not be able to break combat with an ability like this leaves it inherently broken.

The OP is suggesting breaking line of sight causing a loss of sight. You'd think the fact that this isn't the case would be much more immersion breaking, considering that you can see something that you can't actually see---if I'm fifty feet away from you and behind a tree/fifty foot wall/tower, you really mean to tell me that I shouldn't be able to be unseen because THAT is immersion breaking?

And....if that's not enough, and we just HAVE to believe that people can't really go unseen that close to another person, do a search for ghillie suit. Real stealthers, in the real world, can be three feet away from you without being seen. Having a game side manifestation of this isn't that much of a stretch.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtf....so is this why I can't stealth for 3 minutes when I'm miles away from a battle.I just ran away from?
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am against this unless the current stealth system is changed.

There is no way I should have to be within 3 meters of a stealthed character in order to see them. Sure you may be crouching, but in a completely open area with no obstructions, I should be able to see you if you are standing right in front of me. Also, if I attack you, and you run away with me chasing right behind you, you should not be able to crouch and turn invisible when you are literally right in front of me. It is complete crap and immersion breaking. Fix this, and then I will be able to live with the tab target thing going away from stealthed players.

When I am hiding behind a tree, or a huge rock, with LOS broken, I expect to be in stealth in roughly 5 seconds. I don't expect this game to be like Hitman, or splinter cell, or the first few Assassins creed games, but I do expect some common sense when it come's to stealth.
    Edited by Cody on January 7, 2015 12:20AM
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    Wtf....so is this why I can't stealth for 3 minutes when I'm miles away from a battle.I just ran away from?

NPCS can see for miles