The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[EU] The Walking Lag

Lhorion
Lhorion
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

me and my guildmembers love doing small Scale pvp. This was not fun on Thornblade - in the past the only full campagn.

So we went to Azuras Star..... The Lag came few weeks later.
So we went to Haderus in November 2014. Haderus was these times the holy buff campagn of AD. Everery single ressource was turned back after a short time.
But we had lag-free fights (Sejanus <3)!
2015 brought some pact player there and we had imo the best pvp I can remember. No lags, good fights, lot of fun!

Yesterday Haderus was locked by all factions! The lag was horrible! I rode through a DC zerg that wasn't able to Male me fall down. No skill worked, No doors worked - No pvp worked.

Me, my guild and some other player like us ran to Chillrend. Why? We want to have fun. Lag does not fun.
Will the Walking Lag follow us? Is it a vicious circle? Wehre is the problem?

Regards,
Lorion
  • Bipolo
    Bipolo
    ✭✭✭
    Guess its time to move again...
    Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
    "Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor.
    Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess. (...)
    Through all the suffering and adversity in this world, true Nord warriors endure, for Sovngarde awaits."

- The Road to Sovngarde
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, 08:50 pm - Nothing is working. 100 AD running in a keep. They cannot kill someone because they cannot do skills, BUT -> they can take the flag!

The Walking Lag came again and destroyed the pvp. Today it was the AD army.

P.S.: We defendet the keep!!!!! How? No idea, I think 80% of AD had a client crash as I had and the other 20% died in oil because they couls not purge.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip: Don't play same campaign as Lorion
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »

Sounds like everywhere you go is bad! :P
    AbraXuS
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    Fun fact.
    No matter what you do in PvP on whatever campaign. A group will always say you're playing the wrong way, doing the wrong thing and fighting the wrong people.

Get over yourselves already and accept not every day is going to be a walk in the park for your amazing ganking guild, or a super smooth journey for your powerful raid.
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AbraXuSeXile‌ I hope I am the magnet of all these :D
    Edited by Lhorion on January 19, 2015 11:04PM
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second evening when the lag invaded Haderus... at least 3 yellow trains and also some EP trains. Most likely from Azuras. That fight at Kingscrest was redicilous. I don't know how we managed to defend it. Thank god the campaign is over soon as we're probably moving somewhere else, but in the end it doesn't matter where you go eventually these *** trains will start forming and ruin the fun.

Thanks guys for another laggy evening.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for the awesome PvP we had until yesterday.
    I hope that does not mean that instead of Haderus Azura's Star will become a dead campaign now... lol
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was great seeing basically the entire AD population wipe in a glorious lag-infused battle over Kingscrest.

Emphasis on seeing since it was an ungodly slideshow.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be a continuous cycle and circle since most guilds will move servers to avoid the lag with more following because they want GvG PvP and then bringing the lag with them.

The best we can do until ZOS bury the megaserver beneath those Atari ET boxes is to expect a week or maybe two of lag before things go back to relative normality.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its annoying that everyone is moving campaigns, we went to even out azura and the day we got there i hear all DC and AD guilds are gone so its just us vs a ton of reds.

Crowned emp twice and gained 1.3 mil in 4 days so not a total loss, need a new home though!!
    AbraXuS
    Clan Leader of eXile

• Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let us running from campagn to campagn :/
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    maybe its all those conversions to the metric system
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need to be able to spread the guilds out evenly amongst the servers. No way we can do that from the playerbase. ZOS will need to step in somehow. I dont have a real suggestion on how though. A progressive population cap maybe? Depending on opposition currently online in the server maybe. It would not be a quickfix but it might help spread out the carnage accros servers. Also create servers with different pop caps. So small scale pvpers also have a server.
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem I see actually it's that the EP population seems to be far larger than the DC or AD one.
    And since like most of people prefer equal fight to an outnumbered one AD and DC will tend to stack on a single server (more than thornblade I mean) to be competitive.
    A maybe solution would be that somes red invade the blue pve server buff , but as I DC myself I am pretty annoyed of the situation since AS is red 24 hours a day and now Haderus is full of lag.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are more zergy now camps are gone.
    AbraXuS
    Clan Leader of eXile

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    suycyco wrote: »
    The main problem I see actually it's that the EP population seems to be far larger than the DC or AD one.
    And since like most of people prefer equal fight to an outnumbered one AD and DC will tend to stack on a single server (more than thornblade I mean) to be competitive.
    A maybe solution would be that somes red invade the blue pve server buff , but as I DC myself I am pretty annoyed of the situation since AS is red 24 hours a day and now Haderus is full of lag.
    Yea. Our guild (EP EU based) is having a meeting this week. I think we are evaluating servers right now. I will bring up the topic of spreading out. And not going to where we have high pops right now. We might attract competition that way? We will see. No promises since I am one vote only

• Urai
    Urai
    ✭✭
    Lhorion wrote: »
    @AbraXuSeXile‌ I hope I am the maggot of all these :D

what ?

ooh...

...sry Lorion pls don't kill me :expressionless: