The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

HELP! I put music to Tale of Two Moons, but...

Sötlimpa
Sötlimpa
✭✭
What is budis? Can't really sing it convincingly without knowing exactly what it is I'm singing. Is it like an undercoat? Is it khajiiti lore?
Impossible to google too. Budis gets hits on people misspelling buddies. Cat + budies gets hits on cat buddies, buddhist cats and cats with bodies (i hope).

Also, pronounciation? Is it like hoodies? Or more like long first syllable, like boobies?
"Riding a guar naked through an Argonian temple."
-Razum-dar
  • ZinniKeys
    ZinniKeys
    Soul Shriven
    I tried searching to, but nothing but buddhist in searches. I'm pretty positive I've heard this word before, though it may have just been in another ES game.

But I would venture to guess it's some kind of Khajiiti traditional clothing, or a disposition in attitude. Like to cast off all of one's inhibitions.

Oh and I always read it 'Boo-Dis'

I know it's not an exact answer, but maybe it'll help?
    Edited by ZinniKeys on January 18, 2015 2:41AM
    This one belongs to Sly.
    Sly belongs to this one.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also assumed it was a sort of cloak or shawl. I say to myself Boo dis. I don't know the real pronunciation or meaning either.

I commend you though for taking a beautiful poem and giving it music. Awesome.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Sötlimpa
    Sötlimpa
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for your help! I went and looked at uesp in the lore section, and found that it indeed was some sort of khajiit shawl/shirt combo thats braided on the sides.

Your input has been very helpful, and now I can get to recording and really arrange this. <3
    "Riding a guar naked through an Argonian temple."
    -Razum-dar
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My signature has the tale of two moons poem for those interested
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone's wondering, the source is the 1st Pocket Guide:
    "Their chief attire, the budi, or shirt, is fastened in braids down the right side, not permitting any part of the torso fur to be seen, for such is believed to be highly indecorous. "